🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unapproved Testimonial from best client, are ...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
alexandre1202
Community Member

When I fill up the field "Business email adress" in the testimonial request with business e-mail, it does not arrives to the client. But when I filled with his personal e-mail the testimonials request worked and the customer manage to participate.

He doesn't know if the e-mail is blocked by his e-mail server or other reason.

Upwork can check my LinkedIn profile and the relation to the customer that match with my CV and connection in LinkedIn.

Please, let me know if the Testimonial can ben done using the personal e-mail.

Hi Alexandre,

Yes, you can send the request to your client's personal email address.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
lokmanturkoglu
Community Member

Hello, there I'm Lokman.I started to use Upwork. While making some updates on my profile on the testimonials section, I requested a testimonial from my client and he made it once last week and he did today again but he says nothing came up after he did his endorsement. I did not get a rejecting message. I'd like to know if there is a problem or if it's usual to take too long to get verified? I am looking forward to your response. thanks.

Hi Lokman,

I checked your account but it doesn't look like you've sent any Testimonial requests. To request a testimonial: 

Go to Settings, then My Profile.
Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
Click on “Request a testimonial.”
Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account.

Once you send the request you'll see it in the Testimonials section as "request sent" and when your client replies it will show as Pending. Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you for your reply. I will request again

glagoliev_dev
Community Member

Can I sort the reviews so that customers see the ones I want first?

Hi Ievgenii,

You can't sort the testimonials on your profile, but I'll share the feedback with the team for review.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
5774da77
Community Member

Hello,

I hate to sound impatient, but can you tell me how long it takes for a non-Upwork client testimonial to be approved?  I have three testimonials that are still pending since February 19th and 21st.  

Thanks.  

Hi Angela,

Please allow 10 business days for each request to be reviewed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
lucianabass
Community Member

Hello, 

A requested testimonial on my profile is pending since the 25th of February. Can someone help, please?

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Luciana,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, I recently request a testimonial from my client. She claims she had sent a testimonial on Upwork. It does not appear on my profile. I cannot send a re-request to her either. please help!

Hi Harleta,

I checked and it looks like your request is pending. Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
arbeiter12
Community Member

I was trying to get a testiomonial from my best client, the first hassle was that we had to create a LinkedIn profile for him since he does't use LinkedIn. After we did that he gave his testimonial and it got declined since there was no "valid contact information". How do we validate his contact information? Are there any other means the client is willing to do anything like sending a personalized picture, video anything for UpWork.

Stefan K wrote:

I was trying to get a testiomonial from my best client, the first hassle was that we had to create a LinkedIn profile for him since he does't use LinkedIn. After we did that he gave his testimonial and it got declined since there was no "valid contact information". How do we validate his contact information?

They won't approve when the LinkedIn is new, because new LinkedIn accounts don't verify that the client is a real business through connections and endorsements.

Stefan K wrote:

Are there any other means the client is willing to do anything like sending a personalized picture, video anything for UpWork.

No, that isn't possible.

mujtabaasif
Community Member

Hi Community, 
I requested a testimonial from an external client and its not showing up on my profile. Thanks

Hi Mujtaba, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
f34ae8f6
Community Member

It has been 12 days since an external client of mine sent in a testimonial. It still hasn't been published to my profile, and the 'pending' notification doesn't show anymore. How can this be fixed?

Hi Chima,

I checked and can confirm that our team has already reached out to you via email to inform you about the status of your testimonial request. 

Please refer to the email our team has sent you for more information. If it's not in your inbox, kindly try checking your spam folder.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
8864ced6
Community Member

It has been more than 10 Business days since an external client of mine sent in a testimonial. It still hasn't been published to my profile, and the 'pending' notification doesn't show anymore. How can this be fixed?

Hello Jinil,

Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

Hi Jinil,

Thanks for waiting patiently. We followed up with our team and the testimonial is showing on your profile now. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kaushikanil7166
Community Member

Dear Sir,

I have asked for testimonials from some direct clients. They have filled out the testimonials but it is still pending.

Hi Anil,

I'm sorry about the delay with this. Our team will review your testimonial as soon as possible and will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks

nabeelshx
Community Member

Okay. I'm just starting out. I've previous clients. I approached them for testimonials. I sent them the following UpWork given method, but they are not able to find the email regarding testimonial. Can anybody help? Thanks

Hi Nabeel,

Just to confirm, did your clients checked their junk and spam folders as well? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes. He did. I asked him multiple times. He said he is not able to find it. I don't want to put pressure on him and become annoying. If he says, he is not able to find it, then obviously he is not. 

zahabiyahuk
Community Member

Hello, 

He is asking for a refund for phase 3 which is totally not acceptable and he is threatening me for no reason. He promised if I refund for phase 4 then he will change the review now he is not replying. 

Please check our conversations. 
https://www.upwork.com/messages/rooms/room_0f773261bf22949f2f0dd9c9ccbb9c34

I don't know what should I do now. I need help from Upwork Team. 

Thanks and Regards, 

Zahabiyah

Hi Zahabiyah,

To learn more about how you're protected under our hourly payment protection, check out this Help Article. For any additional details, I would recommend communicating further with your client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fabioaliano
Community Member

Why my testimonial is pending for over one month?

Hi Fabio,

I'm sorry about the delay with this. Our team will review your testimonial as soon as possible and will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Fabio, 

I'm sorry for the confusion. The team will not reach out to you in this case, but I can confirm that the testimonial you have requested is already displayed on your profile. 

Let us know if we can further assist you with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bakhtawar-tahir
Community Member

I requested my client for a testimonial but he haven’t received it. Can anyone please help me with it ?
Thanks.

Same here...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahade, 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you send the testimonial request to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Sent it to you, Thank you for the help. 

Johann

heyns-johann
Community Member

Hi All, 

I sent a Testimonial request to a client. The client says she did not get it. I sent a few and the other did get it. Is there a way to resend it. 

Thank you 

Johann

Hi Johann,

Please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you send this testimonial request to. I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mr_michaelingram
Community Member

Hi - I have requested testimonials from previous clients, but these seem to be stuck in pending. Not sure why.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths