🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Testimonial Request Not Sent - Unable to ...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
56a18004
Community Member

I am completing the client testimonial form but the client doesn't have a LinkedIn address. This will not allow me to submit the other details of the client. Please assist.

Hi Cynthia,

At the moment your client will need to have a Linkedin profile in order to be able to submit your testimonial. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for the prompt response.

This whole process is super frustrating. A former client of mine wrote me a testimonial that was rejected. The client is real, the LinkedIn account is valid (it's 10 years old at this point, though she told me she doesn't use it), but the testimonial was still rejected. I'm new to Upwork, which is the only reason that I even wanted a testimonial on my profile in the first place.

Feels like I wasted my client's time.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email you sent that testimonial request to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jesslimag
Community Member

Done.
jonesbenjamin28
Community Member

Hi, 

I submitted a request for a testimonial from my main client I had outside of Upwork before I joined. I used their Linkedin profile, and also one of their work email addresses. But they never recieved the request. And now it is still pending. Can I get the request removed so I can send it again? 

I also sent them another request but used their gmail address but it was rejected. I am guessing because (Think) I used their gmail, not work address.

I can't send them the original request again as it just says I have already sent a request to this client. 

How can I fix this? 

Thank you 

Hi Benjamin,

Our team will resend your testimonial as soon as possible and I would recommend to ask your client to check their junk and spam folders for any emails from our end. 

Regarding the second one, could you please confirm if you have received any errors on your end? If yes, can you share the text of the error? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

There's a chance I got the email wrong. Can you confirm the email? Or can I send you what the email should be? 

The second request was actually rejected. There was no error. Thank you 

Hi Benjamin,

I would like to clarify that we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

May I ask what sufficient evidence is? The domain with email is her actual name, and linked to the linkedin account. I am not sure what more evidence could be given in this case. 

Can you confirm when the original testimonial request will be resent? Thank you for your help so far. 

Hi Benjamin,

Unfortunately, I can't share more details about our process. Regarding your first testimonial request, our team will resend it as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

No problem, I understand. Thank you

Hi, 

After I posted in here, I keep now receiving email responses to other people's questions. Is there a way to stop that? I have looked and I can not see how. Thank you. 

Hi Benjamin,

Yes, could you please click on your name at the top right-hand corner and select My Settings? You should be able to go to the Subscriptions tab and Unsubscribe from this thread.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you that's great

jmshw0521
Community Member

I have sent out a testimonials request but the recipient has not received an email (or link request).

How can I verify IF the recipient has received the request?

Jason **Edited for Community Guidelines**

JASON

Hi Jason,

I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Jason,

We checked with the team and it does look like your client should've received the email already. Could you please confirm with them if they've checked their spam/junk folder in case the email was sent there?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Upwork,

Can I confirm the email address please, just so I know it is correct?

Or CAN I edit the testimonial REQUEST?

Cheers

Jason Smyth

JASON

Sure, Jason! Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with your client's email address so I could check?

~Andrea
Upwork

The email recipient for the testimonial should be: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

JASON

Thanks, Jason. I can confirm you included the correct email address when submitting your request. Your client may also try whitelisting or allowing emails from Upwork so that their email provider doesn't filter them out.

~Andrea
Upwork

Can the request be sent again please?
JASON

Hi Jason,

I checked with the team and the request has already been resent.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Click your picture does nothing I am afraid...

I have replied to the direct email though.

Jason S

JASON
li_shi_yun
Community Member

Hi,

I sent" request testimonial" to my client that we worked together,

but he doesn't receive it. I want to resend it to him.

But can not, upwork shows you have already sent it.

I need resend it to my client for testimonial.

Please help me with it.Thank you.

Hello Shi,

Thank you for your message. Could you ask the client to search for the words “has requested a reference” in their inbox to see if it went to their spam folder. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your reply.

I asked my client to operate per your instruction,

but still can not find this email on testimonial.

He may delete it by careless.

Please may you allow me to resend it to my 

client for testimonial. Thanks

b_lovegrove
Community Member

Hello,

I have clients that I've worked for before joining Upwork and they're willing to provide testimonials.  

Testimonial requests can't be sent twice to the same email address so if the client deletes or for any reason can't find the request then I can't send it again even if they ask me to do so.

Is there a way of deleting pending requests?  Is there a way for a client to submit a testimonial just by viewing my profile?

Thanks.

Hi Ben,

In order to leave the testimonial on your profile, the client needs to use the link that was sent in the email. Could you please send me a private message with the client's name so that I can ask the team to resend the email?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
pavelvasicek
Community Member

Hi, I have sent my client (outside of upwork) request for a testimonial. Client received the email, filled out the request but I didn't received the testimonial on my profile. Is there anything I can do ?

Hi Pavel,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information.

~Andrea
Upwork
jesslimag
Community Member

Still haven't heard anything back; still don't have the testimonial approved.

Hi Jessica,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Did you follow up with Bojan, who had me send him the email address of the person I requested a testimonial from, or is this just a boilerplate copy-paste response that completely fails to address the situation but allows you to tick a box saying that you resolved a problem?

Hi Jessica,

I checked on this further for you and can confirm the team was not able to approve the Testimonial Request you're referring to, as Aleksandar explained. I understand your disappointment, we do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. However, to better ensure the integrity of our review, we are not able to share the details of our process.

~Andrea
Upwork

Literally makes zero sense, as there was absolutely nothing about that testimonial that should have failed to pass muster. It was sent to a corporate email address, and the person who provided it is in an entirely different country from me (a different continent, even). If there were any doubts as to its legitimacy, why doesn't Upwork simply ask the person to provide proof of services rendered?

The reality is that it tripped your fussy algorithm and there was absolutely no follow up done to verify the testimonial, hence the reliance on copy-paste answers when freelancers inevitably come looking for an answer. No one did anything to investigate the legitimacy of the testimonial; at least have the decency not to insult my intelligence by pretending otherwise.
alickaera
Community Member

Hello everybody! I am new to upwork and I wanted to add my clients testimonial to my profile. My Client is an author and has no linkedin but all the other social medias and a website, but I see that there are no other options rather than linkedin. Can somebody please tell me how do I proceed ? Thank You

Hi Era,

In order to request a testimonial from your client, they need to have a LinkedIn profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths