🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Non-Upwork client testimonials
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
sheri_expert
Community Member

I sent request to my client for a testimonial I added his linked account and email as well but he has not received any form where he can give a review about me please can you guide where he should look for the form to submit a review

Hi Shehryar,

Our team will resend your request to your client as soon as possible. I would also recommend to advise your client to check their spam and junk folders as well for any email notifications from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
laurielevine
Community Member

Hi. I am new to Upwork. I have tried to make a request for an external testimonial but the testimonial request page keeps telling me that the linkedin profile link that I have filled in is invalid. I have copied and pasted it in a few times, but no luck. Please can you advise. Many thanks.

Hi Laurie,

Could you please confirm if the link you're trying to enter suits one of these formats:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME 
https://www.linkedin.com/in/CLIENTNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/CLIENTNAME

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there

The format I have used is www.linkedin.com/company/clientname.

There is no additional 'in' in the link I have copied and pasted. Do I need
to add this?

Many thanks.
uzochukwu_lee
Community Member

Hello,

I'm new to Upwork and I'm trying to build my profile before bidding for jobs. I've contacted a previous client I've worked with for a testimonial and he's agreed to write one. The problem is... He is not on LinkedIn 😭. Is it possible to use a link to his info on Wikipedia?

Thanks in anticipation

Hi Uzochukwu,

Unfortunately,  they need to have a LinkedIn profile.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok,, thanks
videospace
Community Member

Hi Everyone!

I am professional video editor and done many projects on other freelance platforms. I am new to Upwork how can i show my previous work and clients testimonials on Upwork? I asked some of my clients to provide me email and LinkedIn link to their profile but most of them didn't have LinkedIn profile is there any other way?

Hi Muhammad,

You can certainly showcase your past experience with clients outside Upwork with Testimonials, though I'm afraid they need to have a LinkedIn profile to proceed. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
palgal
Community Member

Hi!

One of my testimonials was rejected, so I've been trying to contact customer support. This has proven impossible. 

Does anyone have any insight on this? Is there a support number or email we can reach out to?

Thanks 🙂

re: "Does anyone have any insight on this? Is there a support number or email we can reach out to?"

It really isn't Upwork's intention that you call Customer Support on the phone, or communicate with them via email.

For most any question you might have, the fastest way to get an answer is to post a question here in the Community Forum.

For actual customer support, you would be better trying to create a Support Desk ticket or contacting them through live chat. To do that: Click on the Question Mark icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Post a question. After seeing response, click on "thumbs down" icon. That should give you access to additional support options. Make sure you're logged in when you do this.

For more information about contacting Support, read this:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Where-is-option-to-contact-UpWork/m-p/923581

Hi Paloma, to ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information.

~Andrea
Upwork
palgal
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

Yeah. I totally understand that. The only thing is: I don't have that many clients because I'm just starting, so it's important for me to get this testimonial. I know the contact information is correct, and the Linkedin profile, etc. What else can I do? The client is willing to help me if I need to send extra info about the company or whatever the case might be. 

Unfortunately, we're not able to share the reason why your request was rejected, Paloma. We do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. Thanks for your understanding.

~Andrea
Upwork
track_lad
Community Member

Hi folks, 

Is it possible to cancel a testimonial that is awaiting a response?

Context — I have a testimonial request that was done just as a test, and I no longer need it on my profile. 

Thx, 
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

I shared your request with the team and they were able to cancel this Testimonial request for you. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Great! Thanks for the prompt help, Andrea! ✌️

digital_gods
Community Member

My real client, whom I`ve been working last 3 years, left a testimonial about his experience in our partnership. But UpWork`s team blocked it without any opportunity to prove that it is true.

Hi Gaisan,

Thanks for your question. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, thanks for the answer. But how can I prove you that he is real?

yasirul
Community Member

My client did not recieve the testimonial request? What can I do?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yasiru,

Our team will resend your testimonial as soon as possible. In the meantime I would recommend to ask your client to check their junk and spam folders as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for Replying

kayodeseo
Community Member

I sent a testimonial request to my non-Upwork client, but he said he hasn't received any email or message from Upwork

Hi Adeleke,

Our team will resend your testimonial as soon as possible. I would also recommend to ask your client to check their junk and spam folders as well for any emails from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. I've asked him to check his junk folder but nothing found

My client still hasn't seen any email

Hi Adeleke,

I would like to clarify that your client has a profile on Upwork and due to a problem on their end, they will not be able to fill out your testimonial request at the moment. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
shivani_bajaj
Community Member

Hello

I have sent a testimonial request to client but client have not received any email. Any reason??

Hi Shivani,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email you've sent this testimonial request to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
designapj
Community Member

My Testimonials are still pending. Please let me know when it will be approved.

Hello Anik,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
roddeyphipps
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to UpWork

I noticed that my profile does not have a section called "add testimonials". I've done a little digging and apparently this feature is supposed to be enabled by an email to me, from UpWork.

I haven't received it  - is there any way to request it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, 

Rod

Hello, new here.

I do have one project with a client here already, and I was wondering if I could get them to endorse me or provide a testimonial, etc. 

I'm a bit confused as to how to do this. Can anyone provide any advice on this procedure?

Thanks,

Rod

Hi Roddey,

I checked and can confirm you do have the ability to request testimonials on your profile, this is what it looks like. Feel free to click on "Request a testimonial" to send a request and yes, you can send a request to a client who already has an Upwork account. Learn more about Testimonials here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Check if the clients you want to use for added testimonials have LinkedIn accounts. If not they won’t be approved anyway and you’ll have wasted your time. Not even all clients with LinkIn are approved. It’s quite a worthless teaser for newbies.
laurielevine
Community Member

Hi there

I am new to Upwork and requested a testimonial via Upwork from a previous client. This is an important testimonial- it was the client who commissioned me to write a book and I really wanted to have it up on my page for my writer's profile. 

I sent the request along with the linkedin page and my client graciously supplied the testimonial. 

I recieved this message from Upwork via email: 

"To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. Thank you for your understanding. 

This is incredibly frustrating- the book was published in South Africa and I have proof of this as well as the veracity of my client. 

As a new member to Upwork, having this testimonial will help me to get work and I can't understand why the team checking the validity of testimonials has rejected it. 

Is there any way of countering this? Or providing further proof? I could get the publisher of the book to send an email affirming that my client commisisoned the work.

Many thanks,

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

There is no work around with Upwork. They won’t budge and won’t give help or reasons for their decision.
Ask your client to write you a review and use it in your profile description.
It is one of the most frustrating things about Upwork.🤬
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths