cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

Ace Contributor
Wilson E Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
1 of 30

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 30

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We'll be sure to pass it on to our product team. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 30

Thanks for sharing your sentiment about the feature we're testing, Wilson! As part of the test, some freelancers will see the option to share great feedback they receive on contracts they complete on their LinkedIn network. This option will appear on some contracts on which feedback is yet to be submitted and isn't available for older reviews you've received. 

As Joanne confirmed, we'll share your feedback and suggestion with our Product team. I also merged your post with the main thread where this test is being discussed.

Ace Contributor
4 of 30
Thanks for listening. I have seen the option to share feedback on LinkedIn, nice but I don't mind about it.

Again, I think the best way is to allow us feature feedback we have or will receive on our profile.... Or maybe you I don't understand well your purpose with this new feature.

Best,
Wilson
BEST ANSWER
5 of 30

Thanks for the follow-up, Wilson. It appears you're referring to a different feature we're testing, which gives freelancers on Upwork an option to ask past, off-Upwork clients for testimonials, which will be displayed on their profile?

If that's the case, we know many freelancers are seasoned professionals with clients outside of Upwork. This feature is meant to allow those experiences to be reflected on their profile in the form of a testimonial, after being verified on our end.

Ace Contributor
6 of 30

Yes, make sense now. Thanks. 

It still would be cool if we could do the same for some feedback we get here, like pin it at the top.

Esabela H Member Since: Nov 15, 2019
7 of 30
I am a new freelancer here, just joined. And I saw an option to get references from past industry clients. Following the 'Request a client testimonial' steps, I've submitted several testimonial requests. One of my previous clients gives me a response and his testimonial is pending Upwork approval.

So anyone here has the same experience? How long it takes to get approved? And which criteria Upwork follows to approve a testimonial like that? Anyone, would you please tell me how this whole process works and how much it'll help me to get an effective exposure on my new profile?

Thanks

8 of 30

Hi Esabela,

Thanks for the question. I can confirm it takes up to 36 hours to verify a testimonial after being submitted, after which it should appear on your profile. I'd like to note this is a test we've recently implemented and by displaying your off-Upwork experience and reputation in this form on your profile should jump-start and help, especially freelancers like you who are new on our platform, in building a successful career on Upwork.

To this end, please check the freelancer resources we compiled for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Esabela H Member Since: Nov 15, 2019
9 of 30

Thanks for your help, Vladimir.

But it passes up to 36 hours now and still showing as Pending. Can you suggest anything on that? 

Ronak B Member Since: May 21, 2019
10 of 30

Upwork Testimonial is not showing on my profile it shows the following

(Client name } testimonial has been submitted and is pending Upwork approval.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS