🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Hi Syed Muhammad Jama,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
pranaman42
Community Member

I'm a new freelancer and sent requests for two testimonials from past clients.  Both said they completeed the reqeust and sent back last Friday 2/7/20.  I still don't see the testimnonials on my profile.  How long does it take to get posted?  

Hi Michael, did you have an active contract with these clients? I am not seeing the jobs on your profile. If so, did you leave the clients as well? You have to leave feedback for them to see your feedback right away or you will have to wait 14 days I believe.

I sent them this testimonial form that asks for testimonials from outstide clients.   I did add several outside work that is posted under Portfolio.   I don't see where I can add testimonials myslef.  ??? 

Michael H wrote:

I sent them this testimonial form that asks for testimonials from outstide clients.   I did add several outside work that is posted under Portfolio.   I don't see where I can add testimonials myslef.  ??? 

Michael, you can edit your copy to include anything you like, including pertinent information about brick and mortar clients who were happy with your work. Many freelancers mention company names, or a particularly successful outcome on a project. Add whatever you like, as long as you have permission. You can insert direct quotes, or just include the info in your overview.

Just click on "view profile" and the little pencil icons to edit.

I think it will appear in 1 2 business days.

Michael H wrote:

I'm a new freelancer and sent requests for two testimonials from past clients.  Both said they completeed the reqeust and sent back last Friday 2/7/20.  I still don't see the testimnonials on my profile.  How long does it take to get posted?  

Clients from where? If you haven't had work here, and they're not Upwork clients, you simply need to get their permission to use their testimonials and add them to your overview yourself. Unless I'm missing something.

Ah ... or what Catherine said.

In my profile...  under Testimonials....  It said that I could requests testimonials from clients that weren't on Upwork.  I sent the requests to the clients - they sent back.   Now one of the testimonials says request sent, the other one says request pending.   ??? 

W
Michael H wrote:

In my profile...  under Testimonials....  It said that I could requests testimonials from clients that weren't on Upwork.  I sent the requests to the clients - they sent back.   Now one of the testimonials says request sent, the other one says request pending.   ??? 

Who sent the requests? I'm not aware of instances where Upwork asks for testimonials on behalf of a freelancer, unless this is something new.

As long as you have their permission, you can simply add that information yourself and include projects from those clients in your portfolio.

tlbp
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:
W
Michael H wrote:

Who sent the requests? I'm not aware of instances where Upwork asks for testimonials on behalf of a freelancer, unless this is something new.

As long as you have their permission, you can simply add that information yourself and include projects from those clients in your portfolio.

It's a new feature. You can invite people you've worked with outside Upwork to post a testimonial for you. (I'm sure that won't invite corruption.)

mtngigi
Community Member

Tonya P wrote:

Virginia F wrote:
W
Michael H wrote:

It's a new feature. You can invite people you've worked with outside Upwork to post a testimonial for you. (I'm sure that won't invite corruption.)

Oh geez ... another well-thought-out program. No corruption here, folks.

Here is the Testimonial request form that I sent to clients. 

Ah ok. That form is something I have never seen before. I will let someone more knowledgeable about it respond.

Thank you!

According to this thread, it may take 10 business days for your Testimonial to be reviewed and approved.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for reaching out about our new testimonial feature, which is currently being tested with select freelancers like you. While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed, as Mohammed has shared on his reply. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. Thanks!

~ Avery
Upwork

Ok...   thank you..!!  

Is there a job posting for someone to help review the tertiimonials?   :))

So far 0 for 3 on testimonials. Let's not even start on the exorbitant wait time.

One client I've known for 10 years, two clients that I've known for at least 2 years.

The 10-year client gets a grey screen of death every time he tries to input his feedback, while

the two flat-out denials (for the 2-year clients) are due to the following reason: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

What other evidence do you need aside from emails and LinkedIn pages? I'll FedEx the DNA swabs post-haste.

I've gone through less hassles successfully submitting my VA claim, then the month that I've endured on UpWork.

Hi John,

I checked your account, and I saw that there's already an open ticket regarding this concern. I'll follow-up with the team that's handling your ticket, and they will get back to you directly to provide further assistance. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
329b243a
Community Member

I'm new to Upworks and have clients who will give me a testimonial to help as I start. However, their testimonials were turned down. They don't use LinkedIn. They have websites and email can be verified, but their referrals were still turned down, and I can only assume because of the LI, it said they could not be verified.  Do all referrals have to have LI?  I have several clients who do not use it, but I have written for them for years. Must be some way to utilize their testimonial?  Please help. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi A, 

At this time, your clients will need to have a LinkedIn profile so that you can add their testimonials to your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
alok_rana
Community Member

Hi,

Is this testimonial option is not open for all? As I am not able to see it on my profile. Is there any way to get this option on my profile as well? I do have some good clients to showcase my previous project's feedback. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alok, 

While this feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section.

~ Avery
Upwork

Everyone -- stop!

Please consider how this program benefits UW before you proceed.  The process I viewed (3.5.2020) requires that I provide my client's LI profile information --- and it requests their email .......BEFORE you ask UW to seek their testimonial.  Client contact information is valuable - to your client, share it only with their permission and with caution.  Do you know how UW will use this information for their own benefit?  Will you client subsequently recieve hundreds of unwanted soliciations from cheap workers in sketchy corners of the world?  Will UW attempt to sell other services to your client?

Better to request testimonial on your own -- and avoid this questionable practice. 

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the test here. I've merged your post about the same topic here as well to make sure we keep all feedback and discussion consolidated.

It is correct that all fields in the form need to be populated if the freelancer chooses to submit a request for a testimonial. As for your privacy concerns, please note that any information you submit to Upwork is processed by Upwork in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

~ Valeria
Upwork
bjweinberg
Community Member

I was recently given the option on my profile to request testimonials from previous clients and employees. I sent requests for testimonials to two people, and one of them told me they never got an email but are happy to write one. I had her email correct so I'm confused about why it is not working. Are there still kinks being worked out?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Benjamin, 

Let me look into this and I'll get back to you once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Benjamin,

As a follow-up, could you please share the client's email with me in a private message (click on my name > Message) so we can take a look?

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Community Member

This is highly inappropriate. If you are confused about the authenticity of a client you can ask to submit verification to show that infact so and so is or was a client. What you cant and shouldnt do is arbitrarily reject a submission.

I have attached screenshots for proof also but this is a very alarming business practice at your end. Makes me wonder if I want to use this medium at all to begin with .

You havent understood the issue. I requested an off upwork client mr.
**Edited for Community Guidelines** to submit testimonial for me which upwork rejected on
grounds of unverifiable client profile which I believe is absolutely
incorrect . If you couldnt verify the client you could have asked me to
submit proof. Which I have. Hes been bh client for more than a year . On
what grounds is upwork rejecting my off work clients testimonial?? Absurd
practices

Hi Myra,

We apologize for the misunderstanding on our end and not addressing your issue in the initial response, I removed it since it's not related to your question. Could you please click on my name and send me in a private message the client's name and other information you included in the testimonial request, so I could take a look? Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I have been trying to message you privately but somehow the app as well as the desktop page becomes unresponsive when message page is opened. Could you please leave me a msg in my inbox and I could revert with all details. Or provide me with an email address and I could give you all details there ?

Hi Myra,

Thanks for the follow-up. I've sent you a private message, please check and let me know if you can respond and share the client's details.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
iaabraham
Community Member

"To prove your top-talent status, we recommend requesting at least 5 client testimonials."

I don't understand ... is this compulsory in order to maintain my top-rated status?? If we have reviews, what is the point of this?

**Edited to add: Mark K makes some great points, and I feel terrible asking any of my clients to do this -- especially the one who researches and writes about online privacy!

But is Upwork making this compulsory or planning to?

Hi Isabelle-Anne,

No, testimonials aren't required for Top Rated status.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria,

The email we got says so. Was that a mistake or plan pulled back?

Hi Sabina,

I'd like to reiterate Valeria's confirmation that testimonials aren't required for receiving or maintaining Top Rated status. Please check the complete list of requirements in this Help article. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

I tried to send testimonial request to a cient from Upwork, but I do not all details to fill in requested fields - Business email address and Client's LinkedIn Profile?

Where I can find these details to successfully send testimonial request!

Thank you.

Regards

Zarko.

Hi Zarko,

I would recommend reaching out to your client directly and consulting yourself with them about the information that you need. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
amt17
Community Member

I logged in this morning and saw a banner saying:

Get endorsed by your clients outside of Upwork

above my profile.

Is Upwork actually going ahead with this?

How does Upwork verify that those are indeed "clients outside of Upwork" and not fake (or purchased) endorsements from fake LinkedIn profiles?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths