cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

brahmbhattsnehal
Snehal B Member Since: Sep 14, 2020
591 of 880

I also requested a testimonial from a client, but he claims not to have gotten any notification/email, Please look into this on priority and help me with. Thanks!

**Edited for community guidelines**

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
592 of 880

Hi Snehal,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email you sent this request to? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Untitled
brahmbhattsnehal
Snehal B Member Since: Sep 14, 2020
593 of 880

Hey Bojan,

I'm unable to message you. It shows error message

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
594 of 880

Hi Snehal,

I just sent you a PM. Please follow up on that message with more information regarding your concern and I'll advise you accordingly. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
lucaloiacono
Luca F Member Since: Nov 9, 2020
595 of 880

Hello, my beautiful freelancers!

A few days ago, I've asked one of my oldest regular clients to leave me a testimonial on my UpWork profile.

He happily complied but after getting it approved, his photo is not showing. Initially, I thought the servers were updating and after a few hours it would've been displayed but nothing happened even after days.

It's my first time getting a testimonial on UpWork as I'm fairly new to the platform. My client assured me he had no option to upload a picture and we both assumed that his LinkedIn profile picture would've been used.

This is my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e866190470086e03?s=1017484851352699003

Attached a screenshot of how his testimonial appears on my profile.

What can I do to make his photo appear?

Thanks!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
596 of 880

Hi Luca,

The photo won't appear next to the testimonial. However, I'll go ahead and share this as feedback with the team for consideration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
stuartpeskett
Stuart P Member Since: Nov 10, 2020
597 of 880

Hello,

I've just set up my Upwork profile, and I've contacted several people to request a testimonial.
However, the first two have come back as rejected, with the following message:

We are writing to inform you that Xxxx’s testimonial was not approved.

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. Thank you for your understanding. You can try requesting another testimonial from a different client.

I'm rather puzzled by this, because I provided valid email addresses and LinkedIn URLs for both.

Obviously, I'm keen to add testimonials to my profile, so I hope you can help.
Thanks very much,
Best wishes,
Stuart.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
598 of 880

Hi Stuart,

I understand you're disappointed your testimonial request was rejected. We’re committed to doing our best to maintaing the trust and quality of our marketplace. Please know that we do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
stuartpeskett
Stuart P Member Since: Nov 10, 2020
599 of 880

Thank you for your reply.
The two testimonials were written by two people I have worked for (in different capacities), and both their work email addresses and LinkedIn profiles are genuine. I was told that the issue on both is regarding their contact information, but both are correct? I am genuinely baffled why they have been rejected.

Presumably, testimonials can be written by non-Upwork clients - that's the whole point, right?
Because I'm new to Upwork, that's why I've done this, so that people can see my previous work and have the confidence to use me based on testimonials from people I've dealt with in the past.

Can you please double-check, because something is not right here?
I filled in their work emails and LinkedIn profiles - was there something missing? Please let me know.

Best wishes,
Stuart.

kari_st_arnault
Kari S Member Since: Nov 13, 2020
600 of 880

Hello,
I need a testimonial email request resent.
The client I sent it to lost the email and the system does not show an option to have the link resent. When I tried to add her again, it said I could not.
Please resend or tell me how to send again?
Thank you!
Kari

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS