🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Hi Janeczka,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksandar! I really appreciate you looking into this. Please do let me know if I can provide you with the supporting proof of invoices and email correspondence with this client.

preiszner
Community Member

Hi,

I have a freelancer profile on Upwork.
A regular client of mine wanted to submit a testimonial on my profile. She is a highly regarded multiple award-winning writer and director. But she didn't have a linkedin account. However she wanted to praise our collaborations so much that she created one, and the algorythm still rejected her testimonial. 
She said it might be because she didn't have enough Linkedin connections in her network, so she connected with as many of her former and recent colleagues on Linkedin as she could.
Now I can't send her a request, because the Upwork platform says I already did, and can't possibly try again.
After having her go through all this trouble (more than is realistic from a former client to go though by the way) to meet the standards of your platform, I would really like to send her another request.
How can I do that?

I had a very similar situation. Very frustrating indeed. Not all business owners have a linkedin profile. One of my clients also created a linkedin profile just to leave me feedback and her testimonial was rejected.

lester_smith
Community Member

The submit button for client testimonials is grayed out and will not allow me to submit.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Lester,

It looks like you're adding a link to a company profile on Linkedin. Testimonials can only be requested from the individual's profiles.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
949d4aac
Community Member

Hello. I made a mistake in filling out the request for Client Testimonial, instead of submitting the individual's Linkedin profile, I submitted their company's Linkedin, so his testimonial was rejected. What should I do to correct that? I'd like to request a testimonial from the same person hoping that it will be approved this time. 

Hi Jhelynne,

Thank you for your message. Feel free to request a new testimonial with the correct details.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I did exactly that, but it doesn't allow me to send it. I clicked the button multiple times, and it still showed me this. 😞

949d4aac_0-1646808456326.png

Hi Jhelynne,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
helenasgoncalves
Community Member

Two of my testimonials were refused, which was quite embarassing to me... I asked the clients, they wrote them and Upwork answered back, refusing them. I would like to know why.Thank you

Hi Helena,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
92f264da
Community Member

Hello,

New upworker here trying to complete my up profile.

I’ve been reaching out to past clients outside of Upwork and the two that have kindly taken time out of their day to go through the hassle of responding to Upwork link and taking time to write review have been NOT approved.
until ‘we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid’

Please advise what issue is. They have work emails too.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry to hear that your testimonial request gets rejected. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rachelcampbell27
Community Member

When setting up my profile, I provided emails for two ex-clients for requests that they give me a testimonial of the work I did with them. At least one of them has not received the request from Upwork. What should I do?

Hi Rachel,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you used for the request you're referring to. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
katehanke
Community Member

I am new to UpWork and have a past client willing to do a testimonial but she does not have a LinkedIn profile. How do I launch the testimonial request without that field (it is currently required)?
Thanks!
Kate

Hi Kate,

In order to be able to provide a testimonial, a LinkedIn account is necessary that's why the field is required.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Get her testimonial and quote it in your profile description.
UW has a hard and fast rule preventing testimonials unless the client has a linked in account— and even then they are Reportedly refusing requests.
dozohub
Community Member

I am a Newbie on Upwork and I recently requested my client outside Upwork for a testimonial which she did gladly. I later got a mail from Upwork that my clients testimonial was not approved. I cant reply to that mail, But I know my client left a great one. Why would such a thing happen? Why not approve my clients testimonial? Whats the point of requesting them to write a testimonial and later not approve it?

Hi Karichu,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Joanne
Upwork
dozohub
Community Member

Its very frustrating for us to request our clients to submit their testimonials to you but dismiss them outright! What do you need from me to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that I worked with them? I can even provide backdated comms back and forth with relevant samples of work done to prove that I worked with them. What solutions are you offering to this issues coz I am sure I am not alone in this? 

We need closure!

omda9999
Community Member

Hello.

I sent a request to the employer to leave a testimonial for me. But he says that he hasn't got any email from Upwork. What could be the problem?

Hi Emad,

Could you please send me a private message and share the client's email address with me so that I can take a look?

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mutha_nikhil
Community Member

Requested Testimonial but didn't receive it on my profile.

The client has sent it from her side.

Hi Nikhil,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mughal_sohaib
Community Member

Hello, I hope all of you are in good health.

I want to know " Can I get a testimonial from a client with whom I have not worked through this platform and worked through other platforms? ".

Looking forward to your answers.

Hi Sohaib,

Yes, the Testimonials section is intended to reflect your experience with clients outside of Upwork. That said, we are allowing testimonials from Upwork clients at this time.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f2bc142b
Community Member

Hello, 

I requested a testimonial from one of my past clients but the testimonial was not approved. 

I provided all of the information needed and it says there is not sufficient information to prove that the contact information was valid. 

How do I provide more information to get me testimonial approved? 

Thanks, 

Michael 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fortuner6023
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team, I  want to add the testimonials on my profile, how can I do this. and how I get the client business email for that. please help me with regards to this. I have attached 2 files for your better understanding of what I want from you. thank

Hi Naveen,

We know many freelancers have worked with clients outside of Upwork and we want to give them an opportunity to showcase that on Upwork by getting testimonials from these clients. Please communicate about the email address with the client you'd like to send that testimonial to.

~ Bojan
Upwork
chrismano
Community Member

:I would like to receive recommendations from non-upwork clients. I filled up the recommendation request but just wasn't able to submit it.  The "Submit" Button just wouldn't work.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please check if you filled out all the fields before requesting the testimonial? Is any field showing a red border indicating an error?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Nope that's not the case.  That's my concern,

Hi Christopher,

Just to confirm, did you managed to submit your request? If not, could you please let me know if you have received any errors on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes! I'm now able to. Thank you so much.

Yes I managed to submit my request and got a response from a non UpWork client as well.  Thank you so much!

Thank you. This is solved!

981b59fe
Community Member

Is there a way to add a testimony from a client if they do not have a linkedin account as most of my clients don't have one

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members