🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Hi Valentin,

Unfortunately yes, at the moment they need to have a LinkedIn profile. But, thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork
acrossmyuniverse
Community Member

Hey guys, so this is my situation.

One of my outside clients wrote an awesome testimonial for me in Upwork. The thing is that he wrote I was an Account Manager instead of a Graphic Designer. So.... how can I/he change this? Since Upwork it's not letting me send him the request again saying I already ask this person...Also, I can't find a way to delete the testimonial and start over... so... has anyone had this same issue? Or does anyone know how I can fix this? Please help 😞 

I read the testimonial and even though he called you an Account Manager the details he provided are obviously of a graphic designer.  You have other testimonials that also speak to your work as a graphic designer.  I wouldn't focus too much on it.  

Hey Robin!

Thanks for the answer! Yes, that's right and I appreciate the suggestion and you are totally right. I just wanted to know if there is actually a way to fix this, as I think it should be, in my case I have other testimonials but it might not be the case for everyone 🙂 

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the question. Please note that, currently, we don't have an option to edit these testimonials. Our team is working on a solution and I've shared your account information so that your concern could be addressed as soon as the option is available. We don't have an ETA on when the option to edit will become available but in the meantime, if you'd still like to remove the testimonial from your profile you can hide it by using the visibility toggle. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks for your answer Vladimir! At least now I know there's no option right now and It's not that I'm missing something haha

Hope you guys can find a solution for this soon enough. 🙂 

wordpress_va
Community Member

Hello peeps, am new here. While sending out requests for testimonials I misspelled a name (Michae instead of Michael). Unfortunately I can't find any portal to submit a support ticket to get the corrected. Any way to do it? Your help will be highly appreciated

Hi Samuel,

Currently, we don't have a way for Testimonials to be edited. However, the team is working on a solution. I've shared your account information with them so that your concern could be addressed as soon as the option is available. Unfortunately, I don't have an exact date for that.

Thanks for your patience. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you for the quick response. I hope it will be updated soon.

gurkanbekdemir
Community Member

Hello,

I sent an request for reference to a client of mine on Saturday. and he agreed, but upwork is on my profile.
It says,"Your testimonial request is awaiting Client's response"

Regards

Hi Gurkan,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ash_ind
Community Member

I had 2 of my clients requested for testimony of my work through (Up worK).

My both clients proactively wrote the testimony and submitted to Up work.

Now for all those, I am getting a mail from Up work that the testimony has been rejected giving no valid reasons. Its a verified testimony of my clients. It is an insult of mine and my client, if such things are rejected.

I need very clear and valid reason for each of those testimony or else, please refund the cost paid for buying connects on your site, and I will never turn back to your site for any such business.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ashish,

Unfortunately, if a testimonial has been rejected, it can't be re-submitted and reviewed again. Unfortunately, I can't share any additional details as well. 

Regarding your refund request, our team will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
m_shakil_awan
Community Member

I have requested my client for testimonial and my client has done this work. But the testimonial is not public on my profile. Almost three to four days have been passed when my client wrote something for my work. 

Hi Muammad,

Unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. Thanks!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks,  Goran V for your valuable reply.

It's ok.

457d7537
Community Member

My employer outside of upwork has sent in a testimonial about my service but is not sure if it was submitted successfully. He received no message after his submission, just a blank screen. His name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Can you please confirm if it has been received? Please see attached screenshots he sent me. Thank you.

Hi Enrique,

We apologize for the late follow-up to your question. Please ask your client to resubmit the testimonial and they should be able to complete the process now. We apologize for the inconvenience, let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

He is still having that blank screen come up. Have you received Garrett
Zedikers testimonial on your end? Thanks!

Hi Enrique,

Unfortunately, the testimonial still doesn't appear to be submitted and we weren't able to replicate the issue. Do you know what browser your client is using? Could you please ask your client to try again using a different browser?

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
alwin-pacanan
Community Member

I made a mistake in putting the email address of my non upwork client in testimonial request. Can i edit that email address? because there is no such icon there to click in order to cancel or edit the request. but the second thing is i put the clients linked in account in correct address, is it okey even if i did put wrong clients email address but the linked in address is correct. can my client received my testimonial request? thanks for your help.

The requet testimonial option won't work. The LinkedIn option stays red when I enter a LinkedIn URL for the company or person. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shawney, 

Could you please confirm if the issue persists when you clear your cookies or use a different browser?

~ Avery
Upwork
2993e619
Community Member

I have the exact same issue. I don’t have any testimonials from upwork clients (yet). Please let me know how I get Non upwork testimonials to work.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erica,

While this feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Why this testimonial feature is not included to all the freelancers? I wanted to ask for a testimonial from an outside client knowing that I saw that testimonial section and when I got to my profile it wasn;t anymore. Why is that? And how can it be desplayed on my profile too?

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for the question. We are working on rolling out the testimonial feature to more freelancers but please note that we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I have had my clients from outside upwork send in Testimonials for more than 10 working days and it is still showing Pending.

It's over 2 weeks now and none have been verified yet. What can I do?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adebusayo,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your pending testimonials.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Alwin,

Please note that, currently, we don't have an option to edit these testimonials. Our team is working on a solution and I've shared your account information so that your concern could be addressed as soon as the option is available. Your client needs to get an email with instructions for submitting your success story.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alwin,

As an update, feel free to send your client a new testimonial request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
harris-farooq
Community Member

I requested an old non-upwork client for a testimonial and waited days for the testimonial to show on my profile. However, on my profile it stated  "Your testimonail request is awaiting John Doe's (my clients name) response." This message led me to believe that my client had not sumbitted the testimonial and made me ask him and annoy him, as my client informed me that he had submitted the testimonial couple of days ago. 

I read threads on this community and found out that several people experienced issues with this feature. I understand that upwork wants to keep the verification process a secret to maintain its integrity. However, I am sure upwork can improve its communication for this feature.   

There is no way for me to check the status of this "pending approval" (I assume) or “rejected” testimonial and no way my client can check either. Nor can he resubmit it without me sending him a request again. As I am just starting out on Upwork, looking for my first client, I do not have any Upwork reviews to show on my profile. Therefore, I believe these past non Upwork testimonials could prove beneficial in landing my first client. Need prompt assistance from a Upwork moderator with this matter.

Thank you.

Regards,

Harris Farooq

Hi Harris,

Thanks for reaching out about our new testimonial feature, which is currently being tested with select freelancers like you. While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar for the prompt reply.

Regards,
Harris Farooq

Hi,

Its been more than a month and the testimonial in quesiton is stil pending approval with no communication of an issue to me. Just wondering what the issue is. 

Regards,

Harris Farooq 

Hi Harris,

I just checked your account and I can see that you have 2 published testimonials and one that is waiting for your client response. Please reach out to your client with a reminder about this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

My client already submitted a testimonial and attached in this email is a screenshot of the message he was shown. But the testimonial never showed up on my profile. I raised the issue a month back and was told to wait 10 days. Now do I send a new request to him or ask him to follow the old link (which is suspect will not work now). Kindly help me resolve this matter as it has been dragged on for too long.

Regards,
Harris Farooq

Hi Harris,

Thanks for following up. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties with this testimonial. I've sent you a private message with more information about this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mohamedmosad8420
Community Member

How upwork Testimonials reach to the client and how the client can give his feedback and how long its process take?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members