🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
db58049a
Community Member

Hi Bojan!

Sorry for the delayed response. I am trying to resend the invitation but now I am getting a message that says "It looks like you've already sent this person a request". 

The last time I sent it was when I got the response that the profile could not be verified, that's why I'm trying again. I am unsure of how to proceed, that's a client I worked with last year and have had a continuous relationship doing follow-up and more training to new hires. 

Will I not be able to get their testimonial because of that first issue?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana Marcela,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you've sent this request at?

I'll be sure to assist you accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f7ae19f5
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork and have sent out several requests to past clients for testimonials. All of them are legitimate clients who I have worked with. Out of about 6 I sent out, only one seems to have worked and many of my former clients didn't even receive the email. How can I find out what is going on?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Janie, 

Could you please send me a private message (by clicking on my name) with the name of your clients who didn't receive the email? 

~ Avery
Upwork
f7ae19f5
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I tried to post a message on your profile but there was no way to do it.

Thank you.

Janie
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Janie, 

I sent you a private message. You can view it by clicking the "envelope" button on the upper-right corner of your screen and you can reply directly through this section of your Community account. 
Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 5.09.19 PM.png

We can continue communicating through private messages. 

~ Avery
Upwork
alir2f
Community Member

Hi, I have requested the testimonial to my client but due to busy schedule he forgot to approve my testimonial. Now he is free and he wants me to request again but I am unable to request the testimonial again. Is there any way to request him again for the testimonial. Thanks is advance

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you sent this request to? I'll be sure to assist you accordingly. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a77d23b0
Community Member

I requested for a testimonial from a client I worked with in the past, but I made a mistake and inputed the wrong email address. How can I rectify this please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emmanuel,

Could you please click on my name and send me the PM with the email address you have sent this request at?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b9cdfe15
Community Member

I have a testimonial that was sent on Feb. 9th and is still pending after two weeks.  Not sure what to do.  I'm new to UpWork so I am trying to fill out my profile as best I can and these could help.

ffb15e71
Community Member

Hi there,

I am Shahid. I am a Graphic & Website Designer on Upwork.

Recently, I had got a feature of Requesting Testimonial to Non-Upwork Client. 

I have some Clients outside of Upwork to whom I can say to write Testimonial on my Profile.

I had added all the information about the Client but the Request Testimonial Button is still GREY. I mean I can't request testimonial.

Can you please assist me with this issue?

Waiting for your kind reply.

Have a nice day!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Shahid,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hasan_tasnimul
Community Member

Today morning I got a testimonial that was shown on my profile immediately. But in the evening I got one more testimonial from another client. But this one is pending. 

Can I know the reason? How much its take to approve

For me some were quicker than others. Not sure why some take longer and others shorter. All three of my testimonials were approved within 48 hours.

My client's Upwork profile name and LinkedIn profile name are not the same. Is it a problem? 

Do you know about it? 

cppublishing
Community Member

This item doesn't seem to be working. When I fill out the fields and click on "Request Testimonial," nothing happens. I have every field filled except "Client's Linked in Profile," because he doesn't have one. Does this only work if the client is on Linked-In?

Hi Clark,

Yes, clients will need to have a LinkedIn profile. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
88e51153
Community Member

Hello Upwork 🙂

I'm new to Upwork so forgive me probably obvious question but I already tried everything and I can't find the answer.

I keep trying to add testiomonials (first one went ok and waiting for the validation), the second one shows me - please see attached. I tried with 3 different links and 3 different companies I have worked for and still the same issue. I refreshed the page, try anohter day as well... Nothing...

Any ideas? Thanks a million 🙂

Lucy

Hi Lucyna,

I would be happy to help. Could you please check if you're entering the link in one of the supported formats listed below?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLNAME
https://www.linkedin.com/in/CLNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/CLNAME

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2d4e7ba1
Community Member

Hi!

I wanted to ask a question regarding testimonials. I'm in the process of building my profile, and there has been some work I've done in the past for a client in cosmetology. I created logo and brand identity for her beauty salon. The problem is that she doesn't have a LinkedIn profile. Is there any way to submit the testimonial without her having a LinkedIn profile?

Hi Olena, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that clients are required to have a LinkedIn account for their testimonials to get approved. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
hammad_ghumman
Community Member

Hi, I have requested one my past Non-Upwork client to give me a testimonial on the work that I did for him. He was very cooperative and followed all of the directions. He has submitted the testimonial but it is not showing on my profile. I have checked upwork customer service website (https://support.upwork.com/) multiple times and have tried to contact any upwork official about this issue but the bot chat system there is very unhelpful and didn't resolve any issue and don't let me open any request so that I can connect with Upwork official. Can you please tell me how can I contact the customer support or what could be the problems that it isn't showing on my profile? Thanks!

Hi Hammad,

I can see that the request for the testimonial you're referring to was received. Please note that it can take up to 10 business days for the testimonial to be reviewed. Feel free to check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Will I receive an email when it would be approved?

Hi Hammad, 

You will receive an email once the testimonials are approved. 

~ Avery
Upwork
youssef_kamel
Community Member

I have requested a client of mine to submit an endorsement which she did but it has been 3 days (1 business day) and the endorsement's status hasn't changed. Should I be concerned or does it take that long?

HI Youssef,

I would just like to confirm, are you referring to the testimonials? If you do, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne, yes I mean the testimonials. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out, I just wanted to make sure that I'm doing it right.

5e6f6ec4
Community Member

Hi, im trying to add a testimonial on my profile and whenever i try to add clients LinkdIn account its giving me an invalid error. could use the help

Hi Brylle,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble sending the testimonial request. Can you please share with us a screenshot of the error you're getting so we can better assist you?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5be54b6b
Community Member

When my client tries to leave feedback on my profile page, he gets this message: 

Your access to Upwork has been restricted.
 How can we resolve this issue ?
Thanks

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
8b0c28c5
Community Member

I have requested a testimonals from one of client on 27th of May, the client has already submitted it on that day. The testimonal still showing pending in my account. Can you let me know the reason, or how many days usually it takes.

Hi Samir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

~ AJ
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths