🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Hi Mohamed,

While this feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ivyleaguescholar
Community Member

I want to send a client a request for a testimonial, but they do not have a LinkedIn account. The problem is the UpWork form seems to require them to have one. According to the form, the LinkedIn account is for "validation."

There should certainly be a solution other than my client having to create a non-existent account on LinkedIn for this. Please help.

Hi Thomas, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Currently, you can only invite a client who has a LinkedIn account to leave a testimonial for you. 

If the option of adding clients outside of LinkedIn becomes available, we'll make sure to share it here in the Upwork Community.

~ Avery
Upwork
mohamedmosad34
Community Member

I have a pending testimonial request and none reached my client for the feedback and the request still pending, What are the problem and solutions?

Hi Mohammed,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the testimonial you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
64aec1d5
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

Why does my testimonial request to **Edited for Community Guidelines** pending? He had send me a message that he had submitted his response 30 mins ago.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Lisl,

I checked and it seems that the testimonial you were referring to is already showing on your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar,

Yup. I see that now however two more testimonials got stuck. Tonie's and Colleen's.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisl,

Please allow up to 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
64aec1d5
Community Member

Hello

Tonie and Colleen's testi seems to have been stuck too. See attached.
corabel
Community Member

Cannot find a link to a testimonial request from non-Upwork client. Pls help

Thanks!

Anatoli

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anatoli,

While this feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section. We've seen that some freelancers used their profile overview or portfolio section to include reviews and testimonials. You could do that, but make sure not to share any private or contact information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
corabel
Community Member

Thanks!
mshehzadm
Community Member

Hi.

I am not able to send request for testimonial. Please guide me to do so. Screen shot is attached. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi M SHEHZAD,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please note that you need to add your client's LinkedIn profile as well to be able to submit a testimonial request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
phodesign
Community Member

I have a lot of non-upwork clients. How they can send me feedback here on upwork? I saw that here is option but i can not find it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rade,

While this feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section. We've seen that some freelancers used their profile overview or portfolio section to include reviews and testimonials. You could do that, but make sure not to share any private or contact information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
syed-azam
Community Member

Hi,

I am having trouble sending testimonial request to non Upwork client, it is not accepting linkedin profile and marking please review and suggest.

Thanks

Azam

**Edited for community guidelines**     

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Syed,

It looks like you're adding a link to a LinkedIn company profile. Testimonials can only be requested from the individual's profiles.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b3094aca
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

My question is related.  I have a client who offered to write a testimonial but he uses neither UpWork nor LinkedIn.  Is there a way around this?

Thanks for your help!

Bernie

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bernie,

Unfortunately, they need to have a LinkedIn profile. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d72c0f59
Community Member

Hi !

I would like to know where can my previous client see the link for the non upwork testimonials? Can he find it via email or linkedin? Await for your advise.

Have a good day

Hi Ivy,

While this feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mariamtsaturyan
Community Member

Hello!
I required a testimonial from my previous client, but she has not got a message yet. How much it will take?
Thanks in advance!
Mariam

Hi Mariam,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share more details with me about the client you`re referring to? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Mariam,

In addition to communicating with Goran, could you also please ask your client to search for the words “has requested a reference” in their inbox to see if they received the email and it might have ended up in their spam folder? Please follow up with us afterwards with an update. Thanks.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

The client has checked all folders and there is nothing with these keywords either in the inbox, nor in Spam. How I understood I can't request a testimonial from the same client again. Please, fix this problem, I've written the same to Goran, but he hasn't read it yet

mateoto11
Community Member

Hello guys. How can I request a testimonial of a client if he does not have a linkedIn account?
Thanks for the help.

Hi Mateo,

Unfortunately your client will need to have a LinkedIn profile in order to be able to request a testimonial. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

As I have found out by much effort—Upwork WON'T let you? Period. How they picked LinkedIn as a verification factor is beyond me. Many of our clients aren’t in that audience at all! Why eliminate all the other blue collar, non-business types from testimonials?! I hope they will reconsider their policy. Maybe the more of us that address this with them the sooner they will reconsider. If Upwork was truly being Freelancer friendly in this time of economic shut down they WOULD include that option.
mikenicholson
Community Member

Hi - I've asked a contact for a testimonial - she has responded to Upwork but it still shows as pending and her testimonial has not appeared.

She cannot re-send as the link she received no longer works, but the system won't let me generate a new request to her as it still has her as 'pending'. How can I get out of this loop?

Hi Mike,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
arfat-hossen
Community Member

What is that? How does it work?

Thanks, Upwork Team

Thanks for your question, Arfat.

We know many freelancers have worked with clients outside of Upwork and we want to give them an opportunity to showcase that on Upwork by getting testimonials from these clients.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ben-wenner
Community Member

Hi,

I've just joined Upwork, and two previous clients have kindly submitted testimonials for me today. However, the testimonials aren't showing up on my profile page and I haven't been notified that they've been submitted. Do you know what I can do?

Thanks!

Ben

Give it 24 hours.

OK, thanks. Will do!

Ben

djac91
Community Member

Hello,

Two of my clients have submitted testimonials on my profile. But the status shows that the request is pending. It's been a couple of days since submission and it hasn't been verified yet. Why does it take so long? It used to be verfied within a day in the past.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Deepu,

While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. Thanks!

~ Goran
Upwork
kaul-sakshi
Community Member

Hi!

My previous employer and 2 ex-colleagues have sent their recommendation for me for Upwork. And none of the three are verified. Can anyone help me understand why? Here is the link to my profile: https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01583ae41191dfda02/

Thanks xx

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members