Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing offline even if I am logged into my account

Highlighted
Hakob G Member Since: Jun 30, 2017
1 of 12

Hi,

When I login to my Upwork account, it shows me offline. The icon does not become green in the messages, even if I am online. It is already 2 weeks showing me offline. 

Could you help me, please?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 12

Hi Hakob,

Please log in to your Upwork account and update your status by clicking on the down arrow found on the upper-right corner next to your name and profile picture. A box will appear that will show you the option to do this. Kindly click 'Online'. Let us know if you need further assistance on this. We're here to help.

image.png

-Joanne
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Hakob G Member Since: Jun 30, 2017
3 of 12

Hi Joanne,

Thanks much. It works.

Highlighted
Mohamed A Member Since: May 15, 2019
4 of 12

Hi everyone,

I am having the same problem even when I select the online option it changes to invisible automatically.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
5 of 12

Hi Mohamed,

I checked and it seems that your status is already set to 'Online'. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Mohamed A Member Since: May 15, 2019
6 of 12
Thank you Aleksandar.

The problem is solved.

Mohamed.
Highlighted
Rubaid A Member Since: Jul 3, 2019
7 of 12
Hi everyone,

I am having the same problem even when I select the online option it is still not working.
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 12

Hi Rubaid,

When you select that option, a green circle will show next to your picture in Messages and in Freelancer search as long as you're logged in and actively using one of the site's pages.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Farah A Member Since: Oct 23, 2020
9 of 12

I am facing same problem. I have selected online then I even cleared all cache and I even used another browser but I am still facing same problem. It still says 'You are currently working offline'.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
10 of 12

Hi Farah,

I checked but couldn't replicate the issue you are describing. Could you please send us a screenshot of the notification so that we can take a look?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS