🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Signing a contract with the client
Page options
stefanrnedelcu
Community Member

Signing a contract with the client

Hello,

I am a freelancer from Romania and I was wondering if sending a Services Contract to the client is against the TOS.
My accountant advised me to do this as it is neccesary for justifying the invoices.

Any help regarding my question will be greatly appreciated!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shetani
Community Member

Hey Stefan, are you working through an SRL company or as PFA? I have an SRL and I don't have to send any contracts to my clients.
I do, however, issue my own invoices for my bookkeeping and send both copies (Upwork's invoice and my custom invoice) to my accountant.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Stefan:

Upwork provides DEFAULT contract language which is all that most of us need.

But:

Upwork very clearly ALLOWS clients and freelancers to agree to other contracts.

It is NOT against Upwork ToS for you to have a separate Services Contract with the client.

Just make sure that payment is processed through Upwork.

shetani
Community Member

Hey Stefan, are you working through an SRL company or as PFA? I have an SRL and I don't have to send any contracts to my clients.
I do, however, issue my own invoices for my bookkeeping and send both copies (Upwork's invoice and my custom invoice) to my accountant.

Thank you for your response!

I am actually working through a SRL.

So are you just invoicing every client without ending a Services Contract with them? I've heard that in case of a control from the Tax Administration they usually request the contracts, but I might be wrong. I guess I'll just invoice them.

> So are you just invoicing every client without ending a Services Contract with them?

I create my copy of the invoice with my company details on it (CIF, Reg. Nr.), client's details, and the full amount invoiced to client (before Upwork fees).

I don't actually send this invoice to the client - they get the regular invoice from Upwork and I send both invoices (my custom and Upwork's) to my accountant.

The accounting firm didn't mention service contracts to me and they have other clients who freelance through Upwork so I trust they know what they're doing - I can ask them about these contracts though, if you'd like?

Cheers
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members