🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Silly question about the English test
Page options
ccarriazo
Community Member

Silly question about the English test

I just joined. I took the English test as a joke.  Yes, I suppose I like/enjoy spelling (I won a spelling bee in fifth grade ... does that count?)

Anyway, I got this result -Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 09.50.08.png

I find it very hard to believe that I am first place out of literally upwards of 1.5 million people. Does everyone who gets a perfect score get this result? I'm betting on yes, I just want to make sure.

Thanks.

EDIT:  Yup, just figured it out.

10 REPLIES 10
purplepony
Community Member

Carolina, if you and several others scored the same, all of you would be in "1st Place."

renatoss
Community Member

I believe you're really 1st because you have done it in  4min. All others who got 100% but more time spent will be in top 10% or something, but I might be wrong.

"Scored the same" = 100% and finishing in same amount of time

petra_r
Community Member

Sebastian Renato S wrote:

I believe you're really 1st because you have done it in  4min. All others who got 100% but more time spent will be in top 10% or something, but I might be wrong.

The time is irrelevant. Everyone who got the same result is on the same place. 

Petra R wrote:

Sebastian Renato S wrote:

The time is irrelevant. Everyone who got the same result is on the same place.

Petra, thank you for your enlightenment.  Carolina, and anyone else that may not be familiar-Petra is seldom wrong about anything Upwork.  

Several reliable sources have told me over the years that she used to work for the platform we now know as Upwork.  If that's true, there's no doubt that that experience broadened her knowledge base.

Perhaps she still does do some work for them.  If not I certainly hope she receives at least some type of compensation from Upwork for the amount of time she obviously spends here rendering information and/or assistance to others. 

Pat M wrote:

Perhaps she still does do some work for them.  If not I certainly hope she receives at least some type of compensation from Upwork for the amount of time she obviously spends here rendering information and/or assistance to others. 

I do not (either "work for them" nor "receive compensation")

Other than a mug. I do have a mug.

I do not appreciate being accused of being a shill.

barada00
Community Member

Every day I learn a new word. My English gets better and better. Thank you Upwork Community.

Petra R wrote:

Pat M wrote:

I do not (either "work for them" nor "receive compensation")

Other than a mug. I do have a mug.

I do not appreciate being accused of being a shill.

Petra, IMO your response here necessitates my response here.  As you know:

1.  I responded to your PM that I did not accuse you of being a shill.

2.  I further reinforced that fact in response to subsequent PM's you sent.

3.  Within our PM exchanges I also stated that I found your edited response to my post whereby you accused me of accusing you of being a shill to be offensive.   

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Great result! But don't take those tests as a joke, they look really good on your profile, so keep going!

Martina P wrote:

Great result! But don't take those tests as a joke, they look really good on your profile, so keep going!

They are a joke and currently at least a chunk of clients can't even see them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths