Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous sessions

gnakeur
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
1 of 5

Some time ago when I was working from my office my wife called and asked me how can she turn off upwork notifications as they were boring her. And I then thought If this can break some TOS rules. The thing is that both of my computers at home and at office automatically start upwork desktop application. And when I log in into upwork.com I am automatically logged in. So my question is: what if my user name is logged into site(or with tracker app) from home and office at the same time? Is it a violation?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Giorgi,

Let me clarify that the log in for the Team App is separate from your Upwork account, and you can go to the Team App window > click your name > click Settings > Sign Out and also disable the automatic launch of the app. 

Untitled
gnakeur
Community Guru
3 of 5

Hello Vladimir,

Actually I know how to log out. The question was different. What if I have tracker apps turned on with my account on two different computers with different IPs at the same time. What if I logged into my account on upwork.com at my office and my wife accidentally opens upwork.com at home that also automatically logs into my account?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

Hi Giorgi,

Depending on the circumstances and account activity on your other computer in that scenario, one of the outcomes is that your account might get flagged for suspicious activity. 

Untitled

View solution in original post

gnakeur
Community Guru
5 of 5

Thank you Vladimir for clarification. I was worried about that. I will make sure to tun off auto lunch and log out when I am leaving. I think I was not flagged till now because tracker app was just turned on without logging time of course. And my wife didn't surf through upwork site when she accidentally opened the site. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS