🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Sin to apply unverified clients and provi...
Page options
arjunagroupdotin
Community Member

Sin to apply unverified clients and provide services. End pay back demand and disappear.

Do you think right to apply unverified clients ? The answer is NO and NEVER. Here is my situation please read fully and avoid issues in future. Applied for unverified client and selected for services [$2100] PAID $1500 milestones UNPAID $600 JOB done and 5 STAR rating. STRANGE : client applies for refund and disappears. not found online/email/phone/skype. Upwork demands pay back. Upwork blocks withdrawl Where is the client ? No answer Funny situation. talked to support number of times but no solution. MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful applying to unverified clients and stay away from problems. Thank you. Regards..**Edited for community guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Ajay,

When you submit a proposal for a job the Upwork system lets you know if the client has an unverified billing method. You don’t have to avoid these clients, but you should know that you cannot get paid until the client successfully completes billing method verification. When you submit a proposal to a client that lacks a verified billing method, please encourage the client to complete the process. Most clients can complete verification in less than a day.

~ Joanne
Upwork

By all means apply. Most are probably just new to the platform or had some other issue that is easily sorted.

Just be sure they are verified before you agree to a contract. 

Thank you for your valuable comments.  appreciated.

My question is in my case who is responsible ?

The Client ?

Me ?

Upwork security ?

Am so frustrated.  pandemic and am bankrupt.  withdrawls banned for silly reasons. got the jobwork and completed. now into truble as client not to be found.

Thank you.

petra_r
Community Member

Ajay S wrote:

Applied for unverified client and selected for services [$2100] PAID $1500 milestones UNPAID $600 JOB done and 5 STAR rating. 

The client must have verified their payment method, or otherwise you would not have been paid.

Ajay S wrote:

client applies for refund and disappears. 

You mean the owner of the credit card used to pay you filed a chargeback.

There is no connection between what happened to you and applying to clients with an (initially) unverified payment method. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Joanne Marie P wrote:

the Upwork system lets you know if the client has an unverified billing method. You don’t have to avoid these clients, but you should know that you cannot get paid 

He did get paid....

Then the client filed a chargeback and Upwork took the money off him again.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with a verified payment method, as the client must have verified their payment method, or else the rest of what happened couldn't have happened.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths