🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Since JSS replaces the Rising Talent badge, s...
Page options
shivafernandes
Community Member

Since JSS replaces the Rising Talent badge, shouldn't a JSS of 100% count towards this requirement?

I got recommended today by Upwork a "Interesting Job".

Looking at the required qualifications I found out that I don't fulfill the "rising talent: yes" requirement. Since the JSS score replaces it, shouldn't the system consider that you "surpass" the rising talent badge, and thus it should count as you "having it, and more" for job requirement matters (if your JSS is high enough, that is)?

4 REPLIES 4
ceefaeca
Community Member

It is hard to understand what you are saying. But if you mean that having 100% JSS means you are rising talent too, then NO - they are both separate things. 

"The Rising Talent badge highlights some of the best new members in the Upwork marketplace!" You can refer to this article to know about the Rising Talent badge.

Having 100% JSS just means that all your contracts resulted in good client experiences.  

JoanneP

Hi Shiva,

It seems like you are referring to the client's preferred freelancer qualifications. Please know that clients have the option to add their preferred qualifications in their job posts, but you can still submit a proposal for these jobs. I'd also like to check this for you. Could you please share the job post link via DM by clicking on my name so I can also check?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Shiva,

I'd also like to check this for you. Could you please share the job post link via DM by clicking on my name so I can also check?

Thank you Joanne!

I've sent you the link of one of the jobs that had this bug. 
For everyone else curious on how it's showing for me, I'm attaching a print-screen:

no Rising Talent.png

petra_r
Community Member

Shiva S wrote:

shouldn't the system consider that you "surpass" the rising talent badge, and thus it should count as you "having it, and more" for job requirement matters (if your JSS is high enough, that is)?

It does. The preference is "a JSS of 90% or better, *OR* a Rising Talent status".

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths