hjsbaker

Since when was the PayPal withdrawal fee increased?

Is it not enough that you absolutely fleece everyone on here for an extortionate 20% in fees for new clients? I am increasingly put off by this site by the day. Even a notification email informing me of the fee changes would have been nice. 

9 REPLIES 9

What fee are you seeing? I was only charged $1 for my recent Paypal payment.

@Charles K wrote:

What fee are you seeing? I was only charged $1 for my recent Paypal payment.

My understanding is that there was an announcement awhile back that the PP fee will be increased to $2 - not sure when that's supposed to happen, though.

mine became $2 today.

$2 for me. 

There was an announcement and I received an email as well.

aocumen

Hi Grechen and Henry, 

This announcement was made last February, and was sent via email to all users. You may want to check out this announcement thread for more information. 

To quote: 

"#2 - Changing costs for using PayPal.

When: March 20, 2017

More information:

Transfers to PayPal will increase from $1 to $2 for most users.  

For more information see FAQs below and help article for PayPal."

~ Avery
Upwork
tlsanders

@Henry J wrote:

Is it not enough that you absolutely fleece everyone on here for an extortionate 20% in fees for new clients? I am increasingly put off by this site by the day. Even a notification email informing me of the fee changes would have been nice. 

So, you're angry that Upwork has signed up as an enterprise client with PayPal so that the fees you pay per transaction are now $1-2 instead of the much larger fee that PayPal would charge you directly?

Ha, nice try but taking into account all of Upwork's fees - I would be much better off working directly through PayPal. There's no way you can spin Upwork's extortionate fee structure; especially compared to how it use to be. 

@Henry J wrote:

There's no way you can spin Upwork's extortionate fee structure; especially compared to how it use to be. 

Isn't your main ongoing contract at 5% (well over the $ 10k threshold and not an Enterprise client?)

If that is the case, are you not paying half the fees on the vast bulk of your income compared to previously?