cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single page portfolio projects

Jennifer F Member Since: Mar 25, 2019
11 of 20

Hi,

I spent hours posting my portfolio since portfolios are the only way a graphic designer gets hired.  I went to view my portfolio and it only lets people see the first picture in a project.  I have some projects that have several great examples.  What do I do to fix this?

Thanks

Jenny

Community Leader
Sebastian Renato S Member Since: Jul 7, 2017
12 of 20

Jennifer F wrote:

Hi,

I spent hours posting my portfolio since portfolios are the only way a graphic designer gets hired.  I went to view my portfolio and it only lets people see the first picture in a project.  I have some projects that have several great examples.  What do I do to fix this?

Thanks

Jenny

you could make a different page for every graphic you want to share or leave it as it is now, because they're still there, you just have to move between pages to see all of them. In case you didn't saw it, at the bottom of that pop-up page there are some numbers/pages, so, you have to click a number to see another page, to see another photo from that folder

Jennifer F Member Since: Mar 25, 2019
13 of 20
I finally got it to work by clearing cache on my computers browser and refreshing several times. Thank you for the help.

Jon G Member Since: Jun 5, 2017
14 of 20

I have noticed that for some reason my portfolio is now only showing 1 cover image and 1 additional project image.

My portfolio had multiple images in each project, as the type of work I do is best showcased with images rather than a wall of text.

I worked pretty hard on setting up my portfolio to include a wide array of images that my clients and future clients could use to evaluate my abilities.

I have logged out and back in, cleared my cache and cookies and my portfolio still looks like it has been reduced heavily.

What happened?

Jon G Member Since: Jun 5, 2017
15 of 20

Oh I see what they did... you now have to click through to each image.

Wow thats horrible. While i'm sure it works to reduce the amount of content that has to load at one time, it sure is a diservice to our portfolios.

If someone is posting a job and has 30 candidates to sort through... im pretty sure they are not taking the time to click through each image in each portfolio item.

In my view, this is a bad UI... please change.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
16 of 20

Jon G wrote:

Oh I see what they did... you now have to click through to each image.

Wow thats horrible. While i'm sure it works to reduce the amount of content that has to load at one time, it sure is a diservice to our portfolios.

If someone is posting a job and has 30 candidates to sort through... im pretty sure they are not taking the time to click through each image in each portfolio item.

In my view, this is a bad UI... please change.

The chances of anything we ask for to be fixed is slim to none, no matter how nice we ask (or beg). It's one of many UI features that is lacking on Upwork, as I'm sure you know.

As I suggested earlier on this thread, organize your best samples into a folder on your hard drive, and when bidding on a job, attach relevant (to that job) samples to your bid. This is what I do ... I believe this makes it easier for the client when they can see samples right away ... especially if they have tons of bids to wade through. Because you're right, clients are not taking the time to wade through portfolios. I also let them know I'm happy to send more samples upon request.

Ilya S Member Since: Mar 19, 2019
17 of 20

This is a reasonable workaround that you are suggesting. However, I’m really angry with these stupid **Edited for Community Guidelines** changes that Upwork is pulling out without any sense. The portfolio section wasn’t great, but it was fine. Now it’s a complete garbage / doesn’t work / worst solution ever. Hearing the recent news I am starting to think that soon we will be charged to have a scrolled version of portfolio instead of a paginated one..

Where is this dude Bojan, I want to hear how the ‘team’ is working hard day and night to bring us the best product so we all can prosper together.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 20

Hi Ilya,

Once we (Moderators) have an update for this we will post it here.

In the meantime, I would like to remind you to be mindful of our Community Guidelines when you`re posting in our Community. Thank you.

Untitled
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
19 of 20

Jon and others,

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the portfolio viewing experience. I've shared this feedback with the team. In the next few months, we plan to introduce greater customization for portfolio projects that will allow you to choose how you'd like to display your portfolio projects.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ilya S Member Since: Mar 19, 2019
20 of 20

Bojan and others,

appreciate your responses, but I hope you do understand that these replies you are giving us are as general and as uninformative as horoscopes. Maybe not giving an answer would be a better answer.

There is always ‘the team’. I am guessing this is the same team that implements these bad UI changes that should not even exist. That is bad UI, period. Someone didn’t make the homework.

‘Next few months’ sounds more in lines of ‘not now, get lost’. Imagine you have asked your boss about a salary increase and the answer you get is: ‘yeah, I understand, we will think about it in the next few months’.

‘Greater customization yada yada’. It is another way of saying that your team is secretly working on some big changes that will be a great benefit and improvement. I wonder why the team is unable to implement a great UI from the start? Why do they need to make something worse first and then wait months to make something better?

There is no need to reply to this one. I just felt like poking at some things that I don’t agree with.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS