Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site is down again

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
91 of 97

Konstantine and Rene,

If you get the error again, could you please copy and send us a trace ID that you see on the error? It would really help us investigate the issue.

Thank you!

Screenshot_13.png

~ Valeria
Upwork
versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
92 of 97

Will do.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
lucy_pr
Ace Contributor
Lucy P Member Since: Dec 17, 2015
93 of 97

I just did a job for a really decent first-time client who was really disappointed in Upwork because of all the downtime. It's a shame. I don't know what's going on, but Upwork should provide both clients and freelancers with some sort of explanation if they want to remain a relevant, legitimate platform on which to conduct business, especially as they take such a large cut of freelancers' earnings now. I conduct business here for the ease, and right now there is little ease involved!

sourceprouk
Community Guru
Federico D Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
94 of 97

@Rene K wrote:

Hey, guess which site is down again...

Downwork.jpg

The 'high volume of traffic' says it all. It is like the story of the Italian restaurant a lady posted before. Getting too big for your boots.

I was wondering how many potential clients were trying to respond to a bid of mine, the site was down, they went away and forgot about me.

ericarmaier
Erica M Member Since: May 12, 2016
95 of 97

My big question: Did that outage also affect the Enterprise Clients?

I have done work for one of them (a multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer), and with their frequent, urgent requests, I cannot imagine an alternate route is not in place in the event of an outage ...... I know that particular client alone spends millions on Upwork ...

grabher
Sybille G Member Since: Jul 2, 2016
96 of 97

It is so annoying getting those site down, an error occured, we'll be right back or oops something went wrong messages and in recent weeks it is more frequently, almost every day I get one or the other message.

With the service fee increase of 100%  in June 2016 we could expect something back for it, i.e. better site maintenance so it is not crashing all the time

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
97 of 97

We understand it's frustrating to get those errors, Sybille. Our engineers are aware that some users may experience issues accessing some Upwork pages at the moment and they are working to fix them as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS