Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site is down again

afifield
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
11 of 97

My question is: The migration was April 8th and was supposed to lessen downtime, so why is upworks still going down so often? Are there still issues because of migration or is it something else? 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 97

Hi All,

We apologize for the site issues. Rest assured that our engineers are working to stabilize the site as soon as possible. You can check the status blog for most recent updated and Garnor's post here for more details.

~ Valeria
Upwork
juanpineiro
Ace Contributor
Juan P Member Since: Nov 29, 2016
13 of 97

Valeria, I understand that it is personally out of your control but with Upwork charging 10% and 20%, you have to keep us motivated to stay in the platform. Right now these issues demotivate anybody. It's kinda like paying taxes but the roads are full of potholes. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
14 of 97

Virginia,

I understand your frustration and our engineers are working to bring the site back up so you could continue bidding for jobs. However, how much and how often you bid on jobs and accept offers has no effect on your Job Success score.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
15 of 97

@Valeria K wrote:

Virginia,

I understand your frustration and our engineers are working to bring the site back up so you could continue bidding for jobs. However, how much and how often you bid on jobs and accept offers has no effect on your Job Success score.

I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that profiles with a long history of no activity/bidding history resulting in jobs were prime suspects for JSS dings. Is that not true?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
16 of 97

Virginia,

No, your bidding activity has no effect on your Job Success score.

I believe you are referring to this, however. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
saydou
Community Guru
Kamaludin M Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
17 of 97

These issues were there as long as I can remember, I think Upwork just can't figure out what is wrong with their system. At this point it is getting very annoying,

charles_kozierok
Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
18 of 97

It's not incompetence. They know exactly what they are doing. High availability just isn't something they want to pay for.

That's always the bottom line.

If they wanted 99.9% availability, they'd have it. It's not a primary concern.

idenkov
Ivan D Member Since: Apr 18, 2016
19 of 97

That would be pennies compared to the profits. Of course if they have proper codebase which I really doubt. Also it is not HA - it is just broken.

eloddo
Ace Contributor
Emanuela L Member Since: Apr 2, 2017
20 of 97

@Ivan D wrote:

Upwork just have incompentent management and CTO(if they even have such position).

Things wont change, this fiasco have been going on since the merge.

Agree. Since Elance merged with ODesk things are going bad to worse. 

Never seen such problems when using Elance or ODesk.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** (sorry....UpWork) seems not to be interested in freelancers frustration for its service.

Also clients are frustrated with that. I recently had one client who said me that is not going to work anymore with Upwork because of those continuous technical problems.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS