Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site is down again

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
31 of 97

This evening I've been waiting for one client to approve a milestone, and another one to set up a contract and send me a doc for a time-sensitive project. As usual, though, the site's down. Thanks a lot Upwork.

(And that's sarcasm in case whoever's running the site thinks I'm complimenting them on how they do their job!)

nymerion
Community Leader
Konstantinos X Member Since: Sep 8, 2015
32 of 97

Upwork should really (re)build the platform with the same structure as these forums here. I have never seen the forums being down since I joined.. (lol)

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
33 of 97

Moderators, I received an email reminding us that today was the last day for the "the first-time client %".  Seeing as the platform site has been down ever since can we assume that U will extend the date by 24 hours to compensate?

Yes, I already know the response ... but it does seem fair, equitable, and beneficial to do so ....

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
34 of 97

The site went during while I was submitting a file after completing a FP job.

I sure hope the “Submit” didn’t fail.

"Certa bonum certamen"
nymerion
Community Leader
Konstantinos X Member Since: Sep 8, 2015
35 of 97

And again, the site goes down right before the funds become available.. That is so frustrating..

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
36 of 97

@Konstantine K wrote:

And again, the site goes down right before the funds become available..

And let's hope those funds are all still there when site works again! It's a good thing I took a screenshot today.

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
37 of 97

@Ravindra B wrote:

The site went during while I was submitting a file after completing a FP job.

I sure hope the “Submit” didn’t fail.

The “Submit” did work partially (the attached file did not go through).

Sent the file later, and all is well: job done and funds released.

"Certa bonum certamen"
charles_kozierok
Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
38 of 97

Finally back up. For now.

Upwork, I'm sorry, but going down for hours at a time, without notice, without updates/estimates, without contingency systems or alternative means of allowing freelancers and clients to communicate -- it's thoroughly unprofessional.

If I acted this way with my clients, I'd be out of business.

Glitches occur, fine. But your handling of them is not okay.

I saw on Twitter that someone claimed the site had been down 84 times in calendar 2017. That's not normal, and it's not right.

You owe us more than apologies and platitudes. You owe us proper explanations of what will be done to improve this going forward.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
39 of 97

All,

The issue has been resolved and the site should be back up for all of you. Please let us know if you continue experiencing any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
This widget could not be displayed.
40 of 97
This widget could not be displayed.

@Valeria K wrote:

All,

The issue has been resolved and the site should be back up for all of you. Please let us know if you continue experiencing any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Valeria, I really would like to know if this unplanned mainteanance that lasted for hours replaces the planned maintenance that is already due in some hours or will the platform be unavailable for hours again?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS