Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Site is down again

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
41 of 97

By definition, any site that is not down 100% of the time is more advanced than a rock.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
42 of 97

Margarete,

 

Downtime earlier today was unplanned and it doesn't replace scheduled maintenance on Wednesday May 3. Please, see this page for more details.

~ Valeria
Upwork
This widget could not be displayed.
43 of 97
This widget could not be displayed.

@Valeria K wrote:

Margarete,

 

Downtime earlier today was unplanned and it doesn't replace scheduled maintenance on Wednesday May 3. Please, see this page for more details.


 Thank you, Valeria. I hoped that the unexpected downtime has been used as a window of opportunity to do the work originally planned for Thursday, May 4. Moreover, I do not know at which time will this happen. I received an email telling me 01:00 UTC, does this mean am or pm?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
44 of 97

Hi Margarete,

 

Please note the scheduled maintenance was completed earlier today and had started at 1am UTC.

Untitled
This widget could not be displayed.
45 of 97
This widget could not be displayed.

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Margarete,

 

Please note the scheduled maintenance was completed earlier today and had started at 1am UTC.


 I did not refer to the unplanned downtime but to the planned downtime and the message below I have received. So perhaps 01:00 UTC means that this will happen tomorrow, Wednesday, 4th May 2017 at 01:00 am UTC (03:00 am for me). I just would like to know if this will happen while I am sleeping or during worktime.

Downtime 0405.png

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
46 of 97

It's 1 am UTC as usual. But remember that the whole thing is falling apart and it may go down anytime between two scheduled maintenance operations.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
This widget could not be displayed.
47 of 97
This widget could not be displayed.

@Rene K wrote:

It's 1 am UTC as usual. But remember that the whole thing is falling apart and it may go down anytime between two scheduled maintenance operations.


 We have to exchange alternative communication options with clients. Yesterday, I was unable to deliver my work for hours. I am happy that I did not have a deadline in this case, otherwise I would have received a bad rating or perhaps lost the client.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
48 of 97

Hi Margarete,

 

I apologize for the confusion, the scheduled maintenance will commence at 1am UTC on Thursday, May 4.

Untitled
This widget could not be displayed.
49 of 97
This widget could not be displayed.

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Margarete,

 

I apologize for the confusion, the scheduled maintenance will commence at 1am UTC on Thursday, May 4.


 OK, thank you.

sourceprouk
Community Guru
Federico D Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
50 of 97

Is "We'll be right back" the most common message you get from Upwork now?

 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS