Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site is down again

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
71 of 97

But there are incentives - for select people willing to talk about their UX!

See this thread

When all the C-level needs is access to these forums...

afifield
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
72 of 97

To be honest, the compensation doesn't matter to me that they were offering. I posted because I was wondering if the email was real and not some kind of scammer. I'd be happy to make suggestions for the improvement of the site and I actually have on the forums, but I do feel what Ela said is very true. This forum has many good suggestions already from people who use it all the time just like I do for UX and other various thoughts on the website in general. I feel opinions are often ignored though and that even if I do a conference call they were asking me to do for 30 minutes, that it would also be ignored. Smiley Sad 

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
73 of 97
Vlad, I sympathize with the moderators - I really do. But like Charles said, this is not even about the engineers anymore. Upwork as a company needs to do some serious rethinking about the way it runs its business and treats its users. I only hope that communicating our feedback "with other teams" include those who can actually make a change here (and who actually care).
wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
74 of 97

We are more than aware that buyers are as concerned as we are about the 'techincal issues'.  Perhaps more so. We hear it every blasted day.  From almost every single client / potential client.

Clients rarely bother to come to the forums to question or gripe about the issues.  They simply go elsewhere.

This should be of major concern to everyone - starting with management. 

We are not blaming the moderators; we are not blaming the engineers.  We are putting blame squarely where it belongs.  Upper level / final decision making and cash allocating management.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
75 of 97

They should fire the person who is responsible for this mess. There is always a high-level decision maker responsible for this kind of mess.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
76 of 97

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-03 um 17.51.42.png

When trying to look at my profile. After logging out & in, clearing cache, cookies etc. 

Is this another "scheduled maintenance"?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
77 of 97

Ela,

I wasn't able to replicate the issue you are having and could access your profile. Do you still see the error? Does it appear when you use a different browser?

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
78 of 97

Hi All,

I'd like to reiterate what Vladimir said earlier on this thread. We understand your frustration and our apologies are sincere. Various teams are constantly working to improve the platform and prevent such prolonged downtime from happening in the future. We'll also continue to keep you updated about the reasons why such issues happen and what is being done about it. 

I would also like to ask you to be mindful of the Community Guidelines and refrain from making accusations of incompetence toward Upwork staff.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
cartrellgeneral
Community Guru
Catherine M Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
79 of 97

Hi Valeria,

Sorry but I had to chuckle when you said, "accusations of incompetence toward Upwork staff". For some reason, that sounds funny to me.

Anyway, the post by Garnor you keep referring everyone to is almost a month old. Will there be another more up-to-date post? That one was ok for April but it would appear that some of those issues would be resolved by now and a new update posted.

Thanks.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
80 of 97

@Valeria K wrote:

I would also like to ask you to be mindful of the Community Guidelines and refrain from making accusations of incompetence toward Upwork staff.

I understand.

But this is not easy to do considering the present circumstances. Upwork being down almost daily is not unavoidable bad luck. It's a consequence. And the consequence has a cause.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS