🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sketchy Job?
Page options
kallapavan
Community Member

Sketchy Job?

I got a job offer from a guy named **Edited for Community Guidelines** asking me to send German local store products to the UK by using DHL stickers provided by him as the local store does not ship to the UK and there is a huge Price margin which he can cash and I feel that there is something fishy about this. Has anyone got any job offers like this? 

3 REPLIES 3
9a2901af
Community Member

I got a offer like this. 
It can be fraud but  
Firslty you should check,
If his payment meathod is verified on upwork then you can do that.  

prestonhunter
Community Member

Pavan:
There are real clients who want to purchase things from other countries.

But there are also scammers out there.

One thing you can do to help you evaluate a job is put yourself in the place of the client and think about what YOU would do.

For example, if YOU wanted to pay somebody to purchase items in their local market and ship them to you, then YOU would provide them with a company credit card or account number that the freelancer would be able to use without needing to use their own money. And you would provide them with a DHL shipping account number that they could use, so that shipping would be billed directly to the company.

Did this client do these things? If the client has arranged for you to be able to do the job without using you own money or your own accounts, then it is unlikely the client is trying to scam you.

lysis10
Community Member

Pavan K wrote:

I got a job offer from a guy named **Edited for Community Guidelines** asking me to send German local store products to the UK by using DHL stickers provided by him as the local store does not ship to the UK and there is a huge Price margin which he can cash and I feel that there is something fishy about this. Has anyone got any job offers like this? 

Probably stuff bought with a stolen credit card. Gets sent to you and you are nailed for CC fraud.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members