🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Skills listed for job not available in profil...
Page options
btsaconsulting
Community Member

Skills listed for job not available in profile skills/category

Hello, I am applying for jobs related to startup venture building - having worked full-time in this arena recently till end 2023. Now I am back on Upwork after nearly 2 years, looking for new work.

I see several listings with the skillset 'Startup Consulting' or 'Venture Captial Consulting'. However I do not see these skills listed when I try to update my profile skills. I do not see these skills in the category update either, that was published on Upwork Help on December 6. 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/23902197238803-Updates-to-Categories-Dec-6-2023- 

All I can do is mention my experience in the profile description. Do clients see different skills and categories when they post jobs? I believe my profile will not show up in client searches because I cannot list it. Am I missing something?  Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Maya,

I can confirm that you should be able to add those skills to your profile; I tried and was able to add them myself. Would you mind trying from a different browser? If you still can't see them, can you share a screengrab of what you see when you type the skills you want to add?

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Maya,

I can confirm that you should be able to add those skills to your profile; I tried and was able to add them myself. Would you mind trying from a different browser? If you still can't see them, can you share a screengrab of what you see when you type the skills you want to add?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
btsaconsulting
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, Many thanks for your help. It was my mistake. I was accessing categories on the Profile Settings screen. Failed to see skills option is actually below work history and portfolio on the Profile page itself. I have updated the skills now. Thanks again.

Regards,

Maya

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members