Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skrill - issue with get money from it.

a_miroshnichenko
Community Leader
Alexandr M Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
1 of 20

They have not notified me, but blocked my card couse my location is outside SEPA zone. Yes, I have checked all emails from skrill for last 5-6 months - there was no notification about blocking card.

Would not recommend to use this service for "Get Paid", couse they can block cards without notifications. And couse they have not notified me about blocking not SEPA zone cards I have some hundreds $ "frozen" on account in Skrill, and it's the issue for me. I found some ways to withdrowal it with 11% commissions, but it's not good anyway. They was able to simply notify me in advance, to minimize my losses by their actions, but they have not do anything.

del_barco_roger
Roger D Member Since: Dec 6, 2016
2 of 20

I am new in upwork, and settled my payment method with skrill, I dont live in SEPA zone.

Is there other way to withdraw your funds other than card with skrill? For example, cant we transfer the money to a paypal account of a friend?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 20

@Roger D wrote:

I am new in upwork, and settled my payment method with skrill, I dont live in SEPA zone.

Is there other way to withdraw your funds other than card with skrill? For example, cant we transfer the money to a paypal account of a friend?

you can NEVER use someone else's withdrawal method, no.

But almost every country has several withdrawal methods available, check what is available in yours and choose the one that suits you. Payoneer works for most people.

danielaanthro
Ace Contributor
Daniela P Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
4 of 20

Very unprofessional company. It is strange that you did not get an email. I received an email from Skrill that I won’t be able to use Skrill MasterCard  in my country  from 25.11.2016. I got the email on 23.11.2016. So two days before. No prior warning no nothing, they also charged me ten days before for a new card. I opened Payoneer account, got a new mastercard after ONLY 5 days, I transferred my money form Skrill to Payoneer, and everything is okay now. Skrill is absolutely the WORST payment site you can use out there, terrible customer service and terrible verification process. Good luck with some other site. Smiley Happy

a_miroshnichenko
Community Leader
5 of 20

Daniela P wrote:

I transferred my money form Skrill to Payoneer, and everything is okay now. 

How did you transfered it? My Skrill account in dollars, payoneer in dollars too. But regular way of tranfer is in euros. Double currency conversion that is 7% fee approximately.

miroslav84
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
6 of 20

I was also affected by this change. But I did receive that warning mail  which came two days in advance. It was unprofessional, bu it still gave me enough tiome to reorganize my funds, block auto payments from Upwork to my Skrill account and switch to another payment method. As far as I know, everyone affected was mailed Nov 23. And the card membership fee is reimbursed to anyone who ordered their card and paid for it up to six months before it was cancelled.

a_miroshnichenko
Community Leader
7 of 20

@Miroslav M wrote:

I was also affected by this change. But I did receive that warning mail  which came two days in advance. 

You are lucky)) - you was notified in advance - me not((.

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
8 of 20

Hey folks, 

We are aware of the updated limitations set forth by Skrill that restrict payments using the Skrill prepaid debit card for Non-SEPA countries. Upwork utilizes other disbursement methods including Payoneer which offers a similar service for prepaid debit cards. You can learn more about Payoneer here.

-Lena

Untitled
a_miroshnichenko
Community Leader
9 of 20

Limitations and other payment methods - okay.

Blocked card without notification - is bad, and "frozen" money in skrill account is very bad. It would be ok if they return money to my Upwork account, to make me able use another way.

Btw: I payed 10$ for skrill card and can't use it, and no refund from skrill - Looks like it's normal way of business in UK? Any company in Russia would be fined for this, and probably lost license.

a_miroshnichenko
Community Leader
10 of 20

Payoneer not ideal too.

1. Hidden comissions. For example, there is no information for additional 1.8% surcharge for ATM use outside US in tariffs page.
2. There is no evident ability to find tariffs before get registered.
3. Some user and past-users think it's risky. (but according to my expirience any payment service except regular bank is risky).

4. Even not ideal it costs 2.5x more than skrill. (not compliment for skrill, couse this time I will pay much more than it would be with payoneer). not compliment for payoneer too, couse some payoneer users think it's risky too.

It's very sad that Skrill:
1. blocked card without notification (notification would minimise my losses).

2. did not return money to my Upwork account (to make me able use another method)

3. long response for my question. (still not answered)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS