cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skype Number Forwarding To Philippines, Quality Sucks - Any Suggestions?

91eb5cc6
Isaac S Member Since: Apr 25, 2016
11 of 24

Thanks, I'll check this out.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
12 of 24

You may try different solutions but if the contractor's Internet link sucks, and if his country's Internet infrastructure sucks, I guess there won't be miracles.

Some countries are great because labor force is very affordable. Then, service sucks for various reasons. But it's very affordable, and at the end of the day you get what you paid for.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
91eb5cc6
13 of 24

Thanks, I guess I'm finding out the hard way, but it seems you're right.

firescue17
Community Guru
Steve L Member Since: May 5, 2015
14 of 24

@Isaac S wrote:

Maybe the VOIP call goes through so many junky connections on its way to him?

This is the crux of the problem.

@Isaac S wrote:

Maybe a direct phone line would be better - should I get him a US number somehow?

Not to be pedantic, but the freelancer doesn't live in the U.S. Any connection solution is going to pass through software switching and be transmitted over the same submarine cable as generic freeware off the internet.

The connection issue isn't unique to your freelancer or the small business arena. How many stories are floating around about someone placing a call to a Fortune 500 company with overseas customer service and ending up with an unintelligble connection?

91eb5cc6
15 of 24

You're probably right.  I really appreciate your input.  I'll keep looking for a slightly better solution, but maybe I'll have to give up and find someone somewhere else to answer calls.

firescue17
Community Guru
16 of 24

If I was going to spend money on the issue, I would make arrangements for the freelancer to get a GOOD, high-quality headset. Although it won't fix service outages, static, and packet loss, an excellent mic will usually fix volume issues.

91eb5cc6
17 of 24

Thanks, I was thinking I would buy one for him.  He's using one that I can tell isn't great.  With your experience, is there one that you recommend?

firescue17
Community Guru
18 of 24

The Plantronics C325 is the best headset I have tested in a call center environment.

91eb5cc6
19 of 24

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it!

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
20 of 24

I worked with a gal who had a phone.com phone number and the calls were forwarded. She had very good call quality. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS