kaplar

Skype info in job applications?

Hi,

Recently I got an info window saying something about "trying to work outside the upwork?"

I have been working here for quite a while now, and I remember that oDesk (back then) recommended that we have Skype available.

Did something changed in recent past?

Are we still encouraged to use Skype with clients?

Should we still include our Skype ID within the job applications?

I heard that some of the users have had troubles because of this lately, so just wanted a heads up.

(apologies for thread, but I searched the forums and got some results from few years back on this topic)

thanks,

Marko

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail

Marko, this is a new feature Upwork added. Whenever you type in certain keywords like Skype or PayPal in a message text box, the warnings pop up. It's for the benefit of new freelancers who don't know that working outside of Upwork is prohibited, so just ignore it. Communicating with clients through Skype is fine, as long as you don't use it to discuss payment outside Upwork.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yitwail

Marko, this is a new feature Upwork added. Whenever you type in certain keywords like Skype or PayPal in a message text box, the warnings pop up. It's for the benefit of new freelancers who don't know that working outside of Upwork is prohibited, so just ignore it. Communicating with clients through Skype is fine, as long as you don't use it to discuss payment outside Upwork.

Thanks John!