🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Skype with Client
Page options
behar97
Community Member

Skype with Client

Hello.

I've been invited by a client and we tried to chat with audio through Upwork Call but it
said: "Your Device is not supported".
Does anyone know if the issue is with my iPhone 6Plus and I have to use a better iPhone?
And can I talk with my client on Skype to make the call is that allowed?
Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "And can I talk with my client on Skype to make the call is that allowed?"

You are welcome to do that. There is no rule against it.

re: "Does anyone know if the issue is with my iPhone 6Plus and I have to use a better iPhone?"

Mostly the embedded voice/video call functionality does not work. Don't take it personally. A different phone would probably make no difference.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "And can I talk with my client on Skype to make the call is that allowed?"

You are welcome to do that. There is no rule against it.

re: "Does anyone know if the issue is with my iPhone 6Plus and I have to use a better iPhone?"

Mostly the embedded voice/video call functionality does not work. Don't take it personally. A different phone would probably make no difference.

Thanks, Preston because the Upwork call is not working properly. 

Is. This solution still valid??

No, Marina. You have to use the Upwork messaging/calling until you have a contract with your client. This is a new rule.

in case the client will say I want to do communication in skype so that time what is best?

Hi Mayur,

I'd like to remind you that communication outside of Upwork before a contract is placed is a violation of Upwork TOS. Once a contract is in place, you may use any communication methods you choose. If your client prefers to do it over Skype, please reach out to your client when would be the best time to do a Skype call. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths