cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sliding Service Fee Queries for Featured Jobs

tejasnair
Tejas N Member Since: Dec 21, 2016
1 of 8

So, here's something that I did not find in Upwork Support so I talked to a support agent and found out:

For Featured Jobs, you pay a service fee of 10% for all milestones till you reach $500. (For regular jobs, it's 20%.)

Once you cross $500, the service fee stays the same i.e. 10%. (For regular jobs, now this is 10%.)

And then the sliding goes on.

If anyone ever had a doubt about this, you're eelcome.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 8

Hi Tejas, 

This information is available on this help article and this thread

~ Avery
Upwork
tejasnair
3 of 8

Hi Avery,

I'm sorry to say but that specific information (about the sliding fee) is not mentioned in that help article, but I did found the mentions in the thread.

It would be great if this information is added. Thanks.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 8

Hi Tejas,

If you are referring to Freelancer sliding fees on Upwork, you can check this help article. Avery shared you the help article about featured jobs as you have requested which also mentions "Top Talent Perk: Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers will be charged a reduced fee on Featured Jobs". Thanks for raising this feedback. I will share this with the team. Let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
tejasnair
5 of 8

Hi Joane,

Thanks for your reply. All I'm pointing out is that sentences like "freelancers will be charged a reduced fee on Featured Jobs" are ambiguous and there needs to be proper sentences that mention how the sliding happens especially for Featured Jobs. Since this has to do with numbers, I'm sure other freelancers would like some clarity as to what happens once they earn above $500 on a Featured Job. Also, the other help article you shared has no mention of Featured Jobs.

Thanks.

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
BEST ANSWER
6 of 8

Hi Tejas,

Thanks for your feedback about us adding more specific information regarding the freelancer fee for Featured Jobs, which I will bring up with our team.

~Nina

View solution in original post

mo_ismael
Mo I Member Since: Dec 23, 2015
7 of 8

Hello,
I have a concern about how I'm billed with my client's Featured Job. My understanding is that, I could skip the 20% fee and will only be charged 10% regardless if I earned $500 with my client? If my understanding is correct, could you please take a look on my account? 

Please see screen shot below. It shows the service fee was billed 20%.

Thank you,
Mo

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 8

Hi Mo,

Please allow a couple of days for the fee to be adjusted. If your fee is not reduced to 10% please reach out to us (Moderators) via PM or our customer support with  your contract ID. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS