🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Slight issue with a proposal
Page options
printinfection
Community Member

Slight issue with a proposal

I tried to figure out how to contact someone at upwork and I just kept getting pushed to the community forums.

I submitted a proposal that was declined. Which is no big deal, but for the first time that I've seen, the client's reason for declining was not true. In my milestones I clearly outlined the work I would do within their budget and how much each milestones' completion would cost.  I was delivering the work within their budget.  The message I received was "I need the $5k to cover at least some design and development of a simple 3 - 5 page website with limited functionality." which my proposal did. Further it was marked as "Bid too high".

I am unable to respond to the client directly to work this out. Am I not understanding how to respond to this or is this simply not a feature of upwork? If I cannot contact the client, to work this out, is there a method for getting my connects back for this project? It seems unfair to have spent them and be declined with a reasoning that isn't true. I can understand the client finding someone else but I would prefer to be declined with appropriate reasoning.

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I submitted a proposal that was declined. Which is no big deal, but for the first time that I've seen, the client's reason for declining was not true."

Trevor:
It doesn't matter.

Maybe the client just clicked a button at random.

Maybe the client doesn't like people from Riverdale and he thought you were from Riverdale. I don't have time to worry about it when random people on the Internet say things that aren't true, when their false statements do not affect me in any way.

Upwork isn't gong to sanction you or do anything to you.

Just forget about this.

re: "If I cannot contact the client, to work this out, is there a method for getting my connects back for this project?"

No, that is not how this works.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

That kind of sucks but Preston is right, there's nothign you can do about it. Imagine what it would be like if FLs could contact clients who had declined their proposals. It would take about 45 minutes for the platform to become utterly intolerable and the clients would all flee as fast as they could. Especially the good ones.

Sounds like the client got your proposal mixed up with another one. Again, it sucks but there's nothing you can do. Maybe they'll realize their error and reach out to you, in which case you'll want to vet them carefully to be sure they're not completely flaky. But don't hold your breath, just move on with your life. Connects cost 15 cents each, so you're out of pocket 90 cents at the most. Cost of doing business. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members