🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Small undefined projects can crush the ha...
Page options
valery221166
Community Member

Small undefined projects can crush the hard multiyear successful work results

I am really astonished with Upwork tactic.

Being Top-rated successful freelancer, I always have successful multiK$ projects. Even now, in this difficult time, I always have dense schedule and happy clients. Chart says that I have 2x more work than my peers.
Recently had pair of small problematic projects.
One stopped to respond, closed the project and left negative feedback. I removed it due to my top-rated state advantages.
Other was strange person, left me fine feedback, but also negative hidden one. I guess it was kind of revenge for my rather strong pointing on his his long pauses and unresponsiveness.
As the result, my rating started to go down. It decreased 3% even during this 2-week period, although I had not any closed contracts and feedback. Support guy didn't give me well defined answer why it happens.
Question is: Upwork pretended that during the calculation of the rating it started to take in account the difference between big and small projects. As to me, seems not true. I feel myself extremely frustrated. Each **Edited for Community Guidelines** client can enter your field with his lilliputian project and easily affect your strong reputation that you created during years. Unfortunately I have no rights**Edited for Community Guidelines**. I can't discuss with Upwork the matter of the weird behaviour of some people. 
Does it mean that the unique solution I have, not to accept new projects from anymore (my ongoing customers easily provide my dense schedule)?
Thank you,
Val

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Valery,

I would like to clarify that there's a number of factors included in your JSS calculation. And the JSS is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows. You can learn more about this in this Help Article.
Regarding the job size and how it will affect your JSS check out our announcement post Here.

Your client's record of feedback is also taken into consideration when weighing their interactions in your score. We know that not every contract will end perfectly, and your JSS won't be ruined by just one or two negative contract outcomes. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Look, Goran.
Before clarifying something you at least need to appresciate my hard work.
Because your live and prosperity depends on people like I am, as well.

Have a little bit of respect toward us!

**Grabs popcorn** 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths