Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshots, Activity level, and EPM Inconsistencies

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
1 of 31

I am seeing some inconsistencies with the snapshots, activity levels, and events per minute.

For starters, because the app takes a screenshot soon after tracking starts, the first shot always has a very low activity level. Activity levels below 4 are not guaranteed - but this is the fault of the app; even though you are working, you can always lose the firts 10 minutes of pay.

The last shot activity level is almost always low. This one I cannot understand since some of the times it has well over 300 EPM and 10+ minutes logged. So you can also lose this 10 minutes of pay.

But the biggest issue is that it looks bad when the client reviews the diary, and sees lots of low activity levels at the start and end of time frames, even though when you check the EPM, there are hundreds of activity points.

So the question is (which I had asked before here), how does the app determine activity level, because clearly it is not based on EPM and length of time alone. And something needs to be done about the app taking shots early in a 10 minute frame and then logging it as low activity. It looks bad, and it can cost money if the client is so inclined.

See the screenshots below:

Low start and stop activity levels.jpgLow Activity level_high EPM.jpg

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
2 of 31

Is that the new app? I'm still using the old one.

setumonroe
Community Guru
3 of 31

Yes.

Unfortunately I installed the new one. Almost all the useful features have been removed and new 'less useful' ones implemented. I can no longer take a screenshot manually, or edit screenshots etc. Unless those features are hidden somewhere I cannot find it.

Basically there are no features or real option panel. All of that has been replaced with a messenger app Smiley Sad.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 31

Setu, you should still be able to install/use the old one if you're so inclined. But the scuttlebutt is that the old app is about to go EOL. As usual, I've thought clarification on this, whether it means the old app will stop working, or it will work, but if anything goes wrong Upwork washes its hand off it, and as usual I've received no clarification.

5 of 31
Thanks for the reply John.

CS just told me they removed the features and the link to the old app. I was told to use "Lightshot" to compensate for a feature that existed in the app.

Is there anyone who still has the installer file for the old app, Please link me via PM. The features were quite useful.

If Upwork makes the switch / tracking on the new app mandatory, I will still use the features of the old app (if I can get it to run side by side). Until then I would rather keep using the old app.

Installer file needed.
jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
6 of 31

@Setu M wrote:

Installer file needed.

I have the old installer file from Odesk. Send me a PM with a way to send it to you.

acunavictoria
Ma Victoria A Member Since: Sep 30, 2016
7 of 31

Do you still need it? I think I still have it.

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
8 of 31

I have learned never to upgrade anything, unless I’m forced to. This is really bad, changes are supposed to be for the better.

setumonroe
Community Guru
9 of 31

@Natasha R wrote:

I have learned never to upgrade anything, unless I’m forced to. This is really bad, changes are supposed to be for the better.

It looked so pretty, I was fooled by appearances. I would never have imagined they removed all the features. It doesn't even make sense. It is true that men are visual creatures Smiley Frustrated 

kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
10 of 31

@Setu M wrote:

I am seeing some inconsistencies with the snapshots, activity levels, and events per minute.

For starters, because the app takes a screenshot soon after tracking starts, the first shot always has a very low activity level. Activity levels below 4 are not guaranteed - but this is the fault of the app; even though you are working, you can always lose the firts 10 minutes of pay.

The last shot activity level is almost always low. This one I cannot understand since some of the times it has well over 300 EPM and 10+ minutes logged. So you can also lose this 10 minutes of pay.

But the biggest issue is that it looks bad when the client reviews the diary, and sees lots of low activity levels at the start and end of time frames, even though when you check the EPM, there are hundreds of activity points.

So the question is (which I had asked before here), how does the app determine activity level, because clearly it is not based on EPM and length of time alone. And something needs to be done about the app taking shots early in a 10 minute frame and then logging it as low activity. It looks bad, and it can cost money if the client is so inclined.

See the screenshots below:

Low start and stop activity levels.jpgLow Activity level_high EPM.jpg

This has nothing to do with the new app and was always tracked this way. Often times the last screenshot also takes 20+ mins to go off which is very annoying. I stopped caring about the Work Diary, but an explanation and some consistency would be welcome nonetheless.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS