Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got this email...

saydou
Community Guru
Kamaludin M Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
1 of 9

So I got this email from Upwork which says '10 NEW jobs for you' I guess it is the new perk Upwork was mentioning the other day. Here are the things I found out after checking the list of the jobs.

1. Jobs are not relevant (they are mainly translations to other languages)

2. They are not NEW (in fact they are 2 days old, 7 days old, 12 days old, 2 months old etc)

3. They are already filled

4. Some of them didn't have a verified payment method

My point is you can't call this a perk.

phuongdo
Ace Contributor
Phuong D Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
2 of 9

This feature is here for century and you can ignore it, I never find any matched/active jobs from these emails. What I'm doing is periodically go to odesk/upwork and search the old search again and again.

charliemanas
Karel M Member Since: Mar 7, 2016
3 of 9

Totally agree, completely waste of time after checking the jobs. Not relevant, not verified payment methods, old or somebody was already hired... TOP RATED system needs to improve a few bugs Smiley Frustrated

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 9

Hi Kamaal,

Can you please send me a screenshot of the email you received and job post links in a pm, so I can check if these are regular job recommendations and also escalate them to our team?

Untitled
saydou
Community Guru
Kamaludin M Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
5 of 9

Hi Vladamir,

No, this is not the regular job recommendations, it is the new perk for the Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers.

I sent you screenshot and job links so you can check it.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 9

Thanks Kamaal, I'm following up with the team.

Untitled
jessicasimko
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
7 of 9

@Kamaal M wrote:

Hi Vladamir,

No, this is not the regular job recommendations, it is the new perk for the Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers.

I sent you screenshot and job links so you can check it.

Wow.. I am not sure what is worse. When the new perk literally fails like that or... my situation.... where I don't get those emails at all.  

lisaforbes
Ace Contributor
Lisa F Member Since: Apr 16, 2016
8 of 9

Same here. One job (the only relevent one) was 21 days old. One job was not even posted in English, the rest were completely irrelevent.

evetodew
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
9 of 9

Is it only me who gets all such job recommendations relevant? I did get this email today with 10 recommendations, and the few I checked were recent. I even applied to one of them. True, the other few jobs I checked had a '1 Hired'.

I think it depends on how closely you're marketing yourself to your particular niche. I target only logo and branding. Nothing else. I'm very very specific! I notice that graphic designers list everything possible they can that's design oriented. Other people offer different services, and it can get messy. I think the recommendation algorithm can produce the wrong results if one's profile lists way too many different skills or services.

I am totally wild-guessing here, so don't take my word for it. I'm just saying that I always get related recommendations. For either logo or brand design. Sometimes I receive packaging design, but I've done that type of work before, so I guess the algorithm picks up that one too - your previous experience.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS