Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: So I lost a $1500/2000 contract thank you to UpWork :(

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 19

Scott B wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

I'm probably too passive, but I bet I would have never followed up in his scenario. Now I'm wondering how much money I've lost from being too passive. Smiley Very Happy  I think I was maybe a little more bold when I was starting out because I needed the money.

Unfortunately you lost $75k. 

brb /cry /wrist

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 19

Hi Fabio,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't hired for that project. Just to clarify so we could investigate this further, did you check your Messages on Upwork site and the client's message from Thursday didn't appear? Or you are referring to Upwork Desktop App? 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
Fabio D Member Since: Feb 19, 2015
13 of 19

yes, like I said, I did check on Friday and Saturday. I even chatted with another client yesterday and there were no unread messages, all messages started to arrive today, including UpWork's ones

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 19

Hi Fabio,

We've had a support ticket created about this and will investigate the issue you are reporting further. So far, we don't have any known issues with messages not showing directly in the room when they are sent.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
15 of 19

Yes , I already got the usual "nothing happened here, we don't know nothing, it's probably your fault" message, the same you have sent for 10 years for absolutely every single support request. Yet there's other people mentioning it happened.

Just another UpWork day...

Like I said, I'm venting. I don't expect any solution TBH

Highlighted
Community Leader
BEST ANSWER
16 of 19

Good news after all!

The other developer wouldn't be able to do this on the timeframe required so my client closed the contract and hired me just now. He agreed that UW messaging app is really bad and we'll only communicate by mail unless there's an extreme need, so it all ended well.

Of course the problem persists, but at least I was able to turn the table, so to speak

PS: I was interviewed by UpWork a couple times to take UX responisbilities. Is there a way to expedite this so we can have a reasonably working platform? At this point I'd even do it for free!

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
17 of 19

Yeah, I just got a message yesterday (Monday) that the potential client sent on Saturday.

There was no notification in the Upwork PC app that I'd received a message and the Android app on my phone didn't notify me either.

I have never noticed this happening before. Lucky for me and the client, the client sent me a follow-up message on Monday and we set up his new project quickly, so I'll get his rush project finished when he needs it.

Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
18 of 19

I too have had multiple issues at times with messaging before but thankfully I kept checking in on each client. I've been giving my email to clients as a precaution. 

I noticed the system seemed a bit laggy on Sunday too since I didn't get my time review until Monday after mid day which is odd for it as I always seem to get it right away Sunday nights. 

Community Leader
19 of 19

yes, it's really sad and worrying. Furthermore, makes me wonder how much money did I lose because of this. Lesson learned, will do as Sott B recommends and start following clients to make sure everything is as fine as possible

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS