cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Many Jobs With NO!!! Confirmed Payment Yet

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
1 of 4
I was just checking jobs available and the first page has 10 job listings and only 2 have confirmed payments in place. I've noticed this a lot over the last month. What's up with that?? Also, I used to get lots of requests to interview and now I rarely get one. What's up with that?? Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
2 of 4
If you cipher through posts and such you'll get the answer to what is happening. Features that have been rolled out are horrible here, hiding applications, and ultimately wasting a good contractors time. It seems Odesk decides who gets shown on a job posting and who doesn't, at least this is what I've been reading. It all sucks, PERIOD...
Community Guru
Angela L Member Since: Oct 20, 2009
3 of 4
I have noticed when looking at the "Recommended Jobs" feed that all the jobs in the list show up as either new or "Payment not verified - $0 spent", but when you click into the actual job post they actually DO have a verified payment method and some have actually spent quite a bit of money on oDesk. That's not good because I won't usually even pay any mind to a client with no payment history, so who knows how many others have done the same thing when scanning through the list.
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 4
I've been doing the same thing. I often ignore jobs that have no verified payment and no history. Now to find out that when clicking they may have all the necessary requirements and I'm passing them over is disturbing. Most of these jobs are time wasters and now I'll have to start checking them all, which just takes more of my time. This is not good.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS