Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, feeling pretty good

Highlighted
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
1 of 7

about my marketing effectiveness (see attached), but it also raises some questions about the measure itself.

1. Who am I being measured against?

2. If it is French - English translators, I'm very very happy, as it seems that the robots and work success actually are doing wonders for my career here at the 'Desk.

3. If it is everyone in "Writing and Translation," I am worried, as it may indicate that there isn't much business going on if I am leading the pack in only one of dozens of sub-fields, and it may indicate an ongoing downward trend in the use of this platform.

4. Can one actually fully fill that third bar?

Anyone? Mods?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
2 of 7

I'd love to have some transparency around those stats as well. It also doesn't account for the instances where a freelancer declines the job after the interview, which I have done quite a few times. It counts that against me in my stats, when being offered a job and not wanting it is not the same as wanting the job but not getting it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
3 of 7

How About it?

I am discussing with preston in other thread.

With the Good Fit situation now I think is hard to maintain marketing effectiveness from my point of view.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 7
Ifthikar, your marketing effectiveness numbers are great. I do not know why you are worried about them. They can go lower and they'll still be better than what most people have.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 7

You all would laugh at mine if I were to post them in the bar for you were hired mine is half way between below average and average, but here is where those need to be read differently per freelancer. I generally only work long term contracts. I have a couple short term, but prefer the long term, so my hiring average is going to be way below everyone else. 

The other two categories I am above average and being interviewed is way above average, but those Marketing Effectiveness is going to be determined on if are looking for short term or long term jobs

Edited to add it is also determined on what category you are competing against if I remember right. There is a ton of low paying jobs that are Administrative, which I do not apply to, and I have turned down a bunch of work because of the low pay in my field. I will not work for $3 an hour ... 

Highlighted
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
6 of 7

Ok, so two guys here who receive like 95%+ of the jobs in two out of like 15 or so categories on oDesk...so what's up with marketing effectiveness measures? Doesn't make sense...

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Scott M Member Since: Nov 27, 2014
7 of 7

There's a lot of things, going on here, that don't make sense - lately.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS