🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » So how is weekly payment divided per day? Wee...
Page options
nkatla
Community Member

So how is weekly payment divided per day? Weekends should include right?

Hello, So I was hired on 16th on a weekly contract of $120, now today on monday I get $48, should I get $68? as 120/7 = 17.14 and from 16th to 19th its 4 days so 4 x 17.14 is aproxx $68. 

Do upwork's algorithm does this math or client manually pays this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Navdeep,

I see that you chatted with one of our customer support agents and they were able to clarify the amount you received as a weekly payment. In general, the percentage of the weekly rate paid to you on the first week of a contract depends on the day the contract began:

• Monday – 100%
  • Tuesday – 80%
  • Wednesday – 60%
  • Thursday - 40%
  • Friday – 20%

If your contract begins on Saturday or Sunday, you will not receive the first weekly payment until the following week.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Navdeep k wrote:

Hello, So I was hired on 16th on a weekly contract of $120, now today on monday I get $48, should I get $68? as 120/7 = 17.14 and from 16th to 19th its 4 days so 4 x 17.14 is aproxx $68. 

The work week runs Monday to Sunday. I believe partial days may count partially (I don't know this though), and you need to remember the Upwork fee of 20%.

nkatla
Community Member

Yes I understand the 20% fee, I actually get 38.9 or something. What I meant was the client should have been charged around 68.

Hi Navdeep,

I see that you chatted with one of our customer support agents and they were able to clarify the amount you received as a weekly payment. In general, the percentage of the weekly rate paid to you on the first week of a contract depends on the day the contract began:

• Monday – 100%
  • Tuesday – 80%
  • Wednesday – 60%
  • Thursday - 40%
  • Friday – 20%

If your contract begins on Saturday or Sunday, you will not receive the first weekly payment until the following week.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

In general, the percentage of the weekly rate paid to you on the first week of a contract depends on the day the contract began:

• Monday – 100%
  • Tuesday – 80%
  • Wednesday – 60%
  • Thursday - 40%
  • Friday – 20%

That doesn't really make sense. Many freelancers work weekends. Does that mean that they are not paid for the work they did on Saturday and Sunday of the first week?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths