cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So how is weekly payment divided per day? Weekends should include right?

nkatla
Navdeep k Member Since: Feb 16, 2015
1 of 5

Hello, So I was hired on 16th on a weekly contract of $120, now today on monday I get $48, should I get $68? as 120/7 = 17.14 and from 16th to 19th its 4 days so 4 x 17.14 is aproxx $68. 

Do upwork's algorithm does this math or client manually pays this?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

Navdeep k wrote:

Hello, So I was hired on 16th on a weekly contract of $120, now today on monday I get $48, should I get $68? as 120/7 = 17.14 and from 16th to 19th its 4 days so 4 x 17.14 is aproxx $68. 

The work week runs Monday to Sunday. I believe partial days may count partially (I don't know this though), and you need to remember the Upwork fee of 20%.

nkatla
Navdeep k Member Since: Feb 16, 2015
3 of 5

Yes I understand the 20% fee, I actually get 38.9 or something. What I meant was the client should have been charged around 68.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

Hi Navdeep,

I see that you chatted with one of our customer support agents and they were able to clarify the amount you received as a weekly payment. In general, the percentage of the weekly rate paid to you on the first week of a contract depends on the day the contract began:

• Monday – 100%
  • Tuesday – 80%
  • Wednesday – 60%
  • Thursday - 40%
  • Friday – 20%

If your contract begins on Saturday or Sunday, you will not receive the first weekly payment until the following week.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

Valeria K wrote:

In general, the percentage of the weekly rate paid to you on the first week of a contract depends on the day the contract began:

• Monday – 100%
  • Tuesday – 80%
  • Wednesday – 60%
  • Thursday - 40%
  • Friday – 20%

If your contract begins on Saturday or Sunday, you will not receive the first weekly payment until the following week.

That doesn't really make sense. Many freelancers work weekends. Does that mean that they are not paid for the work they did on Saturday and Sunday of the first week?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS