🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: So i made it, i´m a TOP FREELANCER!, now ...
Page options
2f5ff562
Community Member

So i made it, i´m a TOP FREELANCER!, now what?

I MADE IT! yay! i am a top freelancer now, is it really a big deal? i real an entry that said that even top freelancers struggle finding great jobs, no wonder since there are a lot of us, but has it worked for you guys?! is there a difference between not having it and having that badge? do you get more invites? thank you for your time!.

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

Mateo R. S wrote:

I MADE IT! yay! i am a top freelancer now, is it really a big deal? i real an entry that said that even top freelancers struggle finding great jobs, no wonder since there are a lot of us, but has it worked for you guys?! is there a difference between not having it and having that badge? do you get more invites? thank you for your time!.

There's top rated and top-top rated (On the whole, the top-top rated are on a different planet, so forget about reaching those dizzy heights).  Top rated is just the first stepping stone. Once you are top rated it is one slippery stepping stone to another from now onwards. Every stepping stone is a marker. If you slip into the water, your JSS will suffer.  As to invitations - I don't know about other top rated freelancers - but for me it is feast or famine. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with work and invitations and other times not at all. 

One thing I will not do though is to bid on a job offer that I know is not likely to get a response from the client. Nor will I bid on an offer that looks possible, but does not give enough detail for me to waste a connect on. I have received invitations from clients who ask for $$$ level but then say they are looking for the lowest bidders. Those too get binned.   

Nichola L wrote:

Mateo R. S wrote:

There's top rated and top-top rated (On the whole, the top-top rated are on a different planet, so forget about reaching those dizzy heights).  Top rated is just the first stepping stone. Once you are top rated it is one slippery stepping stone to another from now onwards. Every stepping stone is a marker. If you slip into the water, your JSS will suffer.  As to invitations - I don't know about other top rated freelancers - but for me it is feast or famine. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with work and invitations and other times not at all. 

One thing I will not do though is to bid on a job offer that I know is not likely to get a response from the client. Nor will I bid on an offer that looks possible, but does not give enough detail for me to waste a connect on. I have received invitations from clients who ask for $$$ level but then say they are looking for the lowest bidders. Those too get binned.   

You mean the Premier Freelancers stuff? is it THAT really unatainable?? 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

The TR badge probably does help win contracts and attract invitations but it's virtually impossible to determine how much it helps. The main advantage is the ability to remove bad feedback occasionally (every three months & 10 contracts). I've never had to use it but am confident I will, eventually. Even the best of us have something go sideways every now and then.

Well, congratulations!

In my opinion the badge gives you more visibility. I guess some clients pay a little more attention to those proposals coming from freelancers who have it, though it's true that even top-rated freelancers struggle to land jobs sending proposals sometimes. I must say that being top-rated most of the time means that you have been great, working hard and smart, and delivering what was expected. You get the badge because your clients are happy, therefore you more likely will have clients who come back to you! And that is the greatest thing! Because you won't need to use connects and sometimes you will be so busy that you will not have time to look at the feed.

As for invites... I don't know. I used to get more invitations when I was a starter without any badge, most of the time from scammers. And the few I receive now require skills I don't even have, so I don't know if they even take the time to read profiles before sending invitations.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths