cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, is the job feed completely useless, or...

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Christopher D Member Since: Oct 26, 2015
1 of 8

...is there some redeeming quality I havne't been able to find just yet?

Here's how it SEEMS a job feed would work...

1. I enter the search and filter criteria and save the serach

2. I can sort the jobs based on oldest to newest, or some other ways (I can't seem to find a way to do this)

3. I can mark the jobs I'm interested in (this IS possible...yay Upwork?)

4. I CAN TRASH THE JOBS I'M NOT INTERESTED IN SO I DON'T HAVE TO KEEP SEEING THEM

I can do #1 and #3, but #2 and #4 seem like a faraway dream. 

Now, if UpWork could get their stuff together and get the RSS feed working, this wouldn't be a big deal. 

But what's the point in a job feed if I can't remove jobs from the feed that I"m not intersted in seeing? 

Now, hopefully I'm just a complete moron, I missed something that's right in my face, and I CAN do all of the above. 

Oh, and if I was wrong, you don't have to call me a moron, you can be nice Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Christopher,

You should be able to sort a particular search you do by relevance, newest, etc. and then add it to your feed.

Screenshot_2.png

As for excluding irrelevant postings, this is something that Tam and the team are working on. You can refer to his original post here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 8

#4 used to exist. Unfortunately, it was scrapped - never to be reintroduced - or so we have been told.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 8

Nichola, it would make too much sense to be able to delete jobs from our feeds that didn't interest us. Even though it doesn't make sense to us because it can get time consuming seeing the same jobs over and over again.. oh maybe that's where the logic lies. Getting rid of the 'little people' like me by causing us to go insane will make room for the big boys and girls! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Walker R Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
5 of 8

Chris,

Hint:  write your own program.  Upwork provides a complete API for that.  I wrote one since the RSS feed is not working.  It took me three days so I am not giving it away.   It's the only way to filter through so many jobs.  Also because there it this toolkit that explains why so many jobs getting spammed by automatic proposals.

Walker

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Christopher D Member Since: Oct 26, 2015
6 of 8

Ah ok so it IS pretty much useless. 

And I would write a program, but that's not my skills, I reckon I'll just have to modify until I no longer have to use UpWork again (which hopefully happens sooner rather than later!). 

I don't know...I've seen ONE Improvement so far on UpWork, and that's where the client's average hourly rate paid is displayed. 

That's incredibly helpful. 

But, otherwise, as an Elance refugee, I haven't seen a single other improvement. RSS is broken, job search is broken, there doesn't seem to be end dates on job postings. 

Good googly moog. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
7 of 8
Christopher,

The last I heard, the suspension of job deletion is temporary while search is being rebuilt. (I assume that's what you'll find via Valeria's link.) It was broken before they took it down.

You can construct your own search and send it to an RSS reader for the ability to delete.

Best,
Michael
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
8 of 8

Well I wasn't very encouraged  by this  post to believe that the feature allowing the hiding or deleting of irrelevant jobs in "Jobs Search"  was about to be re-established.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Removing-hide-job-from-the-feed-will-return-soonish/m-...

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS