cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many bugs! MEGATHREAD

Michael Y Member Since: Aug 4, 2015
11 of 16

I can attest to the bugs everyone is reporting. I loved oDesk and it used to be my main source of income. I took great pride in maintaing a perfect 5.0 feedback rating and have many outstanding reviews left by clients. The very day they introduce this Job Success Rate score my percentage is only 67% which to the average person is enough to reconsider hiring.

My feedback score and history of happy clients is essentialy useless and I went from appearing in the top 10 of search results for "UX Designer" to being practically unsearchable. I used to receive 2-3 job invites per week, that has now dropped to 0 and the only jobs I am considered on are the ones I apply to.

Messaging system is constantly buggy and never notifies me of new messages. I've missed messages from clients and they've missed stuff from me. We had ot switch to email just so we could communicate with each other.

My portfolio is now in reverse order the the new way in which we change the order is not user firneldy at all, especially for those with a large portfolio.

Ever since oDesk became Upwork there has been nothing but problems. The UI update to me is fine and the site looks slick but that is entirely useless if there are bugs galor. I just noticed my Job Success Rate was removed from my profile. I don't want to get too excited about the idea of them dropping it or fixing it but I sure hope something is done to improve this.

It's like no one ever considered their userbase when implementing these chnages. Do you guys just like change for the sake of change? I've recently had to signup for other freelance websites jsut because I am concerend the Upwork will never return to where it was but I still have hope.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
12 of 16

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for compiling this list. To update this, notification issues should be resolved as of yesterday. Issues with profile- protfolio and work histories out of order should be resolved in the next week.  I will get back with you on the issues when using safari.

-Lena

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Shannon K Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
13 of 16

Hi Lena - 

Thank you, I very much appreciate your response!

Quick question, if I already sorted my portfolio back to the correct order, is this going to be effected when the updates take place?  It is not a big deal, just wondering.

Thank You,

Shannon

Duncan A Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
14 of 16

Yep - The thumbnails thing still isn't working correctly - sometimes it'll let you upload an image sometimes it won't (maybe a PNG vs JPEG thing- who knows) and the thumbnail editor appears to have a mind of its own and largely ignores what you do.

p.s. propose renaming this the "So many bugs! Megathread" and try and get everyone to report their bugs through it.

Ace Contributor
Shannon K Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
15 of 16

p.s. propose renaming this the "So many bugs! Megathread" and try and get everyone to report their bugs through it.

good idea! doing now

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
16 of 16

@Shannon K wrote:

good idea! doing now

No. Not a good idea. "Megathreads" become unmanageable. Since there are already many discussions of bugs with specific descriptions in their headings, that is the better way to keep abreast of what is going on.

Best,

Michael 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS