🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » So many fraud postings here
Page options
2b5d06b5
Community Member

So many fraud postings here

Is there anything Upwork is doing to prevent SO many fraudulent job postings? This is incredibly frustrating. As a paying member who is seriously looking for work, I spend more time trying to figure out the legitimacy of any of these posts, only to discover the majority are not real. Very very disappointed in my experience so far.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there anything Upwork is doing to prevent SO many fraudulent job postings?"

If you see a job posting which is fraudulent or which violates Upwork TOS, you can click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button and report it. Upwork investigates and removes job postings that are inappropriate.

I have found that the vast majority of job postings are NOT fraudulent. But I really only pay attention to job postings in my field. Maybe your experience is different from mine.

Can you give some examples of the things you have seen that have led you to identify job postings as being fraudulent?

ETA: Ah, I just checked your profile. You identify yourself as a data entry professional. That is the number one most popular field for scammers to target. So that explains why you see so many problematic jobs. But I would still be interested in your answer about the kinds of things you see...

sjbercot
Community Member

How did you determine that a majority of the postings you see are fraudulent? What do you mean by "fraudulent"?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths