cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So my profile was set to private because I haven't earned any money lately.

peterzv
Peters V Member Since: Jun 3, 2020
11 of 21

Good day

My upwork profile was set to private few days ago because i haven't earned money for 30 days.

i agree that was my fault because i didn't read or learn about upwork.

Yesterday after i wateched some youtube videos and reas some articles, i update my profile to 100% and i'm fully ready for upwork again.

Please can you set back my profile to Public?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
12 of 21

Hi Peters,

Your visibility is set to public, feel free to continue sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 21

Hi Dan, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. If an established freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private. This is checked daily, not once a month. If you aren't regularly earning on our platform, your profile may be set to private, even if you submit proposals and interview frequently. There are different ways of setting your profile to public again, one of which is contacting us directly so that we can set your profile visibility to public.

I have set your profile's visibility to public, as requested.  If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public. You may read more about this in this help article.

~ Avery
Upwork
amirsaeed92
Amir A Member Since: Jun 29, 2019
14 of 21

Hello There!

can you please set my profile to public I've been inactive for a while and now I'm deciding to start work on upwork and buy connects......

please make my accout publically visible so that I'll buy connects and start seeking for work

Thank you

regards
Amir Ali

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
15 of 21

Hi Amir,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
8354ff02
Dan H Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
16 of 21

I just received an email that my profile has been set to public. That means either: (a) the promised change in late October was not done, or (b) my profile is getting changed to private without notification from Upwork?

As a reminder, I am working on two projects right now....

dragoman123
Ivana A Member Since: Jan 14, 2020
17 of 21

True, and that is the main problem. Active members and those who are applying or working are punished. This is bad politics, bad marketing and underestimating.

jmnanavaja
Jomar N Member Since: Aug 3, 2020
18 of 21

Hello. my upwork account was set to inactive because i'm still not earning money. i'm building up my profile and make it more attractable to the client. and i am constantly sending a profosal and buying connects but still i'm not getting any client yet. i'm just new in freelancing and upwork. i just hope give me a change to look for a client and prove myself. pls help me make my profile active again.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
19 of 21

Hi Jomar,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article.

~ Joanne
Upwork
tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
20 of 21

Your profile not being public means that new clients can't just randomly discover you via search. Being set to private no way affects your ability to proactively market your skills by sending proposals. And, with your profile, you aren't going to land any gigs by being discovered via search anyway. 

Your profile kind of screams "not professional." 

In the very first line, you announce to every client that you aren't trained as a translator and just see their project as a hobby gig. Who wants to trust their technical writing project to a hobbyist? 

If you are serious about freelancing, then get serious about what qualifications you need, obtain them and market them. Don't make excuses. Identify the problems and solve them. (And your profile being set to private isn't the problem.)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS