🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » So upset
Page options
rita-raad-25
Community Member

So upset

Hey all,

I worked on a project for a client and send him an invoice and we make a contract for 200$  then after sending all the project, he just paid 20$.

And I text him a lot but no answer.

And I work a lot for this project

I am upset and I am afraid to work with another clients ;maybe they will not paid

So any help? 

3 REPLIES 3
yitwail
Community Member

Rita, I'm sorry this happened to you but next time you work on a fixed price job, make sure the milestone contains the full amount that was promised, or else only do an amount of work equal to the amount in escrow. And make sure that you mention what this client did when you review him. 

Rita, you made a mistake. That's okay!

Lots of new freelancers have made the same mistake.

The important thing is that you learned from your mistake and you won't make the same mistake again in the future.

It is important to stop sending messages to that client. Stop trying to get that money. Move on. Move forward.

tlbp
Community Member

Rita R wrote:

Hey all,

I worked on a project for a client and send him an invoice and we make a contract for 200$  then after sending all the project, he just paid 20$.

And I text him a lot but no answer.

And I work a lot for this project

I am upset and I am afraid to work with another clients ;maybe they will not paid

So any help? 

This section of the Upwork Support library explains how to manage each type of payment on Upwork:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001189073

Make sure you are familiar with the way the system works so others cannot take advantage. 
Also, read the Upwork blog article about how to spot scams. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members