🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Some Questions About Invitations
Page options
melikee
Community Member

Some Questions About Invitations

Hi!
Firstly I want to thank all the hard-working support team and community members who were extremely helpful with my previous issues. 
I have two questions about the invitations to interviews:

1. Does declining an invitation affects the algorithm? I was getting quite a few invitations for the jobs last week and some of them were the perfect fit with my skills and had the chance to meet some great clients. I declined the last invitation as the budget was extremely low, and that was the last invitation I received. Is it simply because of the rotation or is it possible that declining the last one somehow affected the algorithm? My JSS and badges are still the same so I don't think anything else could have had a major effect. I am always seeking new jobs and sending proposals regularly, but invitations have been quite handy. 

2. When I was checking my stats, the number of invitations was more than the actual number of invitations I received (3 more), then probably after an update it declined to the correct number. I can understand that sometimes it is showing less as the numbers are not updated immediately but showing more seemed a bit strange. Was it just a number error that was corrected later or is it possible not to receive some of the invitations because of the bugs or sth like that? I am just curious if somebody else has experienced this. 

Thanks in advance for your answers, and wish you all a great day!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Melike,

I am sorry for the late response. I would like to clarify that you are certainly free to decline invitations you are not interested in and that declining invitations does not affect how your profile are displayed to clients in search, unless you switched your availability to "not available.

Regarding your second question. I checked and I was unable to replicate the issue you are experiencing. If you experience the same issue in the future, could you please take a screenshot and send it to us? We will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Melike,

In regards to your first question, I regularly receive invitations and decline something like half of them. I have not noticed any effect on my JSS.

I don't pay attention to the numbers related to your second question.

NikolaS

Hi Melike,

I am sorry for the late response. I would like to clarify that you are certainly free to decline invitations you are not interested in and that declining invitations does not affect how your profile are displayed to clients in search, unless you switched your availability to "not available.

Regarding your second question. I checked and I was unable to replicate the issue you are experiencing. If you experience the same issue in the future, could you please take a screenshot and send it to us? We will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths