Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Sort of Upwork Instant Message Invitation that Disappeared

retread
Saleem H Member Since: Jul 27, 2016
1 of 7

Hello,

I am very new to Upwork and would appreciate some guidance. While looking at a new message, I received some sort of Instant Message Invitation to do some page design work. However that invitation just disappeared and I cannot find it stored anywhere in my Messages area.

Even though I am not a web page designer, I did want to respond with an explanation.  I also want to get to to know more about that method of communication in case I get other invitations. 

Thank you very much for your help.

Saleem

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Saleem,

All invites to apply and replies to your proposals will show under Find Work> Proposals. If a proposal has already been declined of invite withdrawn, you will see it under Archived tab. 

You can also search your messages by keywords and names of clients and contracts.

Screenshot_20.png

~ Valeria
Upwork
retread
3 of 7

Hi Valeria,

Thank you for your reply.

I wonder if this was a Private Message that I saw in my Proposals page.

I went to the Proposals page to look at a message from a prospective client who is appearing in my Active Candidacy section. Covering part of the page was this message which disappeared after about a minute. I do not see any trace of it anywhere in the proposals page or in messages. I do not believe it had anything to do with any of my proposals.

Saleem

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Saleem,

Have you received an email notification about the message? I am not sure which message you are referring to but you should be able to find all the messages sent to you by other users in your Messages.

~ Valeria
Upwork
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 7

Doesn't the offer disappear if it's withdrawn? I seem to remember this happening when either I declined or the guy hired someone else. I can't remember.

retread
6 of 7

Hi Jennifer,

One proposal of mine that was actually "declined" went automatically into Archived. But this "message" was different Smiley Happy It did not leave behind any trace of its existence.

Saleem

retread
7 of 7

Hi Valeria,

No, I did not receive an email notification about that message. The only email notifications/messages I have are about the Active Candidacy.

I guess I will wait to see if I get any more of those enigmatic, elusive and ephemeral messages. I will try to grab a screen shot if I do get another one.

Thank you very much for your help.

Saleem

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS