🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Some concerns about Wire Transfer
Page options
aleksandra-r
Community Member

Some concerns about Wire Transfer

Hi UpWork Fellows,

I hope someone can help me with this. I want to add a new payment method - Wire Transfer. I have some questions about that, maybe they are a little bit silly but I want to make sure I don't mess up anything:

1. I have an 8 digit SWIFT code for my local bank. But, on the instructions paper bank has provided me with, there is the following text: "You are kindly requested to use the following main US correspondents of our bank..." and then there are 3 correspondent banks listed with their SWIFT numbers. Should I enter this local 8-digit SWIFT code only and ignore these SWIFT codes from correspondent banks?

2. When I registered to UpWork I gave my full legal name consisting of my first name and last name and confirmed my identity with a government-issued ID. On my bank account, they added the name of my father in the brackets, so it is My First Name (Father's Name) My Last Name. What should I do about this? On any other document, I have my full name consists of Fist Name+Last Name only but it is common here in Serbia that some banks add a father's name in the brackets. Would I have some issues when connecting my bank account because of this and should I just leave out that text in the brackets?

Thank you for your help in advance, and sorry for such a long post. Please, pardon any typos as I am writing this in the rush.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandra,

I shared your concerns with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandra,

I shared your concerns with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you, Aleksandar. The bank officer has provided me with necessary information about my concerns, but the UpWork support team was helpful as well. I am going to add the payment method and I will get back to the support link you left here if any issues occur.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members