🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Some doubts on a freelancer affidabilità, wha...
Page options
a190e93d
Community Member

Some doubts on a freelancer affidabilità, what can I done?

Hi to everyone,

I'm starting to have some doubts about a freelancer I have hired some days ago (a software developer).

His answers do not give me reliability and he is not informing me about the assigned task status. He always said to me: "I have no update for you now, can we discuss it tomorrow?" (and the day after he says me the same thing). Tuesday will be the deadline for this task but I am not sure that the job will be done (but also HOW it can be done, because if he does'nt provide me update I have no control if his result have some issue).

I see that he is reporting worked hours into his work diary.

What can I do in case the job is not delivered on time (I can give him at most another couple of days to finish the job)? Or if the delivered output does not respect the requirements provided by me?

Thank you
Andrea

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Andrea:

You are correct!

The freelancer you hired might NOT be able to do the work that you need done.

This is normal.

Every time every client has ever hired any freelancer on Upwork, that is a possibility: The freelancer might not be able to do the work. The freelancer might win the lottery and stop freelancing. The freelancer might adopt puppies. The freelancer might die.

These are all possibilities.

What if the freelancer logs four hours of time and the work is terrible?

Then you pay for four hours of that freelancer's time.

What if I can't use that freelancer's work?
Then you still pay that freelancer for the hours he worked.

What if I hired a freelancer with an hourly contract and he failed to accomplish the goal that I needed finished?
You still pay for the freelancer's time. Finishing or not finishing a particular goal is not a factor when it comes to getting paid on an hourly contract.

If you don't love this freelancer's work, then you may CHOOSE to stop working with this freelancer. You may continue paying him. Or you may stop paying him. It is your choice.

As a practical matter, if your project is complex or important, you need to hire:

a) additional freelancers 

b) a project manager

c) or both

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Andrea:

You are correct!

The freelancer you hired might NOT be able to do the work that you need done.

This is normal.

Every time every client has ever hired any freelancer on Upwork, that is a possibility: The freelancer might not be able to do the work. The freelancer might win the lottery and stop freelancing. The freelancer might adopt puppies. The freelancer might die.

These are all possibilities.

What if the freelancer logs four hours of time and the work is terrible?

Then you pay for four hours of that freelancer's time.

What if I can't use that freelancer's work?
Then you still pay that freelancer for the hours he worked.

What if I hired a freelancer with an hourly contract and he failed to accomplish the goal that I needed finished?
You still pay for the freelancer's time. Finishing or not finishing a particular goal is not a factor when it comes to getting paid on an hourly contract.

If you don't love this freelancer's work, then you may CHOOSE to stop working with this freelancer. You may continue paying him. Or you may stop paying him. It is your choice.

As a practical matter, if your project is complex or important, you need to hire:

a) additional freelancers 

b) a project manager

c) or both

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members