🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Some jobs not showing up in search results
Page options
studiohromi
Community Member

Some jobs not showing up in search results

I do a rather specialized type of illustration, so when I search for jobs I usually use certain specific keywords. Generally a few results will come up, occasionally jobs that interst me. Later, I'll receive a digest email of "Jobs that may interest you," and jobs with my search terms will be included in the list, but I notice that they were posted several days ago and never appeared in my search results (I tend to do a quick search every day). Just to check, I performed the search again using those keywords, and those jobs do not show up even though they're more or less verbatim and include the terms that I'm searching.

Do certain jobs just not appear in search results? I feel like I'm missing out on potential opportunities because I'm not finding the jobs until days later when another freelancer has already been chosen.

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emily, 

New jobs will always auto-populate your feed (which is based on the keyword and filter that you have saved the search for). In this case, the jobs from a few days ago which you didn't see in your feed may have been posted when you were offline. At the bottom of your job feed, you can click on the "Load More Jobs" button to see other jobs that match your filters and your keyword/s. 

~ Avery
Upwork

That's fine, I'm referring to when I actually do a manual search though, not just viewing filtered jobs in my feed.

Hi Emily,

Could you please send me a PM (click on my name) with a few examples and screenshots from your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

As I was in the process of messaging you, I figured out why results weren't showing up -- I had "US Only" turned on. Is there a way to have this turned off by default?

Hi Emily,

Thank you for the details. By default, once you login the US Only job feed will be selected. You can switch to your general job feed by clicking on the "My Feed" text below the US Only feed. If something is still confusing let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members